Non footy...Anyone else have any thoughts on this? (probably not)...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tekkytyke, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Personally doesn't bother me but my missus has just had a little rant to herself. I asked her what that was about and it is because 'Funky Pigeon' had asked her to 'rate and review the service ' but was insisting on a minimum number of characters in the comments box. Amazon does that too I think.
    She seemed to take great exception to that and basically told her tablet to Sod off! (an utterance she normally reserves solely for me).
    Needless to say, Funky Pigeon is not getting a review of any sort from my wife.

And the award for the most trivial post of the day on the BFC BB goes to...........

2. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark

Its not trivial, its a very serious problem. There are enough angry people around without them adding to it . They should be grateful you are willing to leave a review. There are several companies doing this so when I come across them they get nowt. Same with all these that say give me five stars or explain why.

Xerxes likes this.
  3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I guess it depends on what the limit is. It should probably be at least the length of a short sentence but no more than that. I'd just fill the rest of the characters up with 'I have to keep writing to fulfill the minimum character limit', write something else that is actually useful or not bother submitting one depending on how I was feeling.

4. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just say summat like 'Your service/product was fine but your insistence on a minimum length comment has cost you a star'. And anybody who wants five stars or nowt - gets nowt. Otherwise we might as well scrap stars altogether.

5. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Like Netflix stupid rating system where you used to award stars and now just have a thumbs up or a thumbs down (an "improvement" according to Netflix!!