Not getting carried away

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Omen, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    as much as i want to i'm not! Everything could change if we lost 2 or 3 out of Conor, Winnall, Yiadom, Bree, Watkins, Davies, Roberts or Angus. We have a great chemistry at the mo so I don't want to lose anyone but what are we to do if someone comes in with £10m for Conor? Can the club really turn that down? I don't think it will happen with him almost being out of contract so i'm just wondering... Some top teams in this league would love Conor in their team and would pay big bucks for him to help get them promoted. No reason why we cant and make the 10m 90m. If we kept the squad and added lb cover, ch cover, isgrove and fletcher id be down the bookies to lump on. :)

I also worry about Hecky being snapped up! He must be on some clubs radars now with how well he is doing. Unbelievable how well he's slotted into the role! He could really build something amazing here - we have the beginnings of it now. Hopefully he can see that and the pull of his hometown is strong enough to keep him. He said he wants to manage at a higher level so lets hope its with us. What a job he's done so far. Well done Hecky! :)

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I love to listen to Hecky speak about football. Hes no different to any of the regulars that I chew the fat with at the games, and when we're driving home were listening to his interviews with nods and noises of agreement.

Hecky doesn't overcomplicate things. He doesn't put square pegs in round holes and obviously gives his players instructions they understand and carry out well.

He's proved his predecessor to be wrong on a few counts in playing hourihane in a midfield 2, and in having continued success with 442.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. bar

barnsleyjoe Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why are so many people getting confused?
    When our winning started under Johnson we played 4-4-2 with hourihane in midfield.

4. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One game at a time hecky always says .

5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

You prove my point for me mate. "When our winning started" we did play 442 with hourihane and scowen in centre midfield.

We're talking about 6 games out of how many?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

6. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm going to enjoy the ride for as long as I can, old mate. Times like these are all too fleeting for Barnsley Football Club to waste on pointless, unnecessary nit picking.