Now he’s postponed businesses reopening

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Jul 31, 2020.

1. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry about that, old mate. It was embarrassingly bad!

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The face masks that are generally used have been available all along. At the very beginning of this I put thousands into my basket on an only store. The place I work for bought 50,000 packs of them (so 2.5m masks) during lockdown and the only reason they didn't buy more was that we couldn't reasonable expect to shift them.

3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Seems to me they are saying these increase started in the last couple of weeks and have continued to climb. I'm all for sensible caution, so hopefully that's all this is. We haven't seen hospitalisations or deaths increase, let's hope it stays that way.

sadbrewer likes this.
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whitty says we have reached the limit of what we can open back up. Bojo in the same press conference says things will open again soon. Do they communicate before speaking to us the public? And if we are already at the limit then surely schools opening in September will put us over this so called limit? He still wants people to stop working from home and get back on that public transport with dozens of other households but don't call around to someone living alone to give them some company as that's now against the law for four million.

5. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Are you saying the tories have carried out the pre election promise? I must have missed it

6. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I want to like Starmer but whenever he says anything I find myself laughing - feel sorry for the guy. Dont see any leadership qualities. Bring back Jezza

7. RedStriker

RedStriker Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You believe

what suits you

8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Other than his own claims I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he has ever had nor believed himself to have had covid-19.

He is an intelligent man and he asks us to believe that as an intelligent man he couldn't think of any better childcare arrangement than to travel 300 miles. As an intelligent man he believed that driving to an hospital with covid-19 to pick up their lass was the correct course of action. As an intelligent man the best course of action when unsure if you can SEE well enough to drive is to take a 30 mile trip out in a car. As an intelligent man he decided that believing himself to have covid-19 he sat on a bench by the river in a public place. As an intelligent man with access to the absolute best medics in London he went to Durham without ever taking a test despite others close to the prime minister all being given tests.
    And all of this coinciding perfectly with his job not being required on account of his boss being incapacitated.

Absolute ********. The man new Boris was in hospital and so he wasn't needed, he took advantage of that by going for a two week holiday with the family so that Mary could have a day trip for her birthday. He thought he could get away with this because he was out of the limelight while Boris was in hospital and when rumbled he invented the excuse of 'i thought I had covid'.

9. pompey_red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    they’ve obviously spoon fed you sh*te and told you it’s sugar. Keep lapping it up fella.

BFC Dave likes this.
  10. RedStriker

RedStriker Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ha ha. And how’s that different from the BS you’re fed?
    Now, move along the trough mate

11. pompey_red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I’m not the one making a ludicrous defence of something that everyone can clearly see happened.

12. bfc

bfc1001 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think it is law . Talking to a shop assistant at Aldi and if someone refuses to wear one they are not allowed to phone the police so I'm guessing it's down to the discretion of the vendor .

13. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You can be fined for not wearing one if you don't have a valid reason not to. I believe the police forces have said they don't want calls about it as they would be inundated and they actually have better things to be doing.

14. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reports tonight that because of what Whitty said about the limit of what can be opened being reached, it could mean pubs and restaurants all have to shut again so schools can reopen in September.

If that happens we will be more messed up than we already are. Two completely different groups of people, which can be open at the same time.

15. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do know kids don't live alone don't you and Home Alone isn't real? :D

Joking aside, would be a disaster if hospitality closes again. Can't see it myself.

16. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best Christmas movie ever :D Yeah but school kids tend to have young parents who mostly will be of good health. Just have to keep them from grandparents. It would be a disaster you're right and it can't be allowed to happen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...s-trade-offs-warning-could-mean-pubs-closing/

TitusMagee likes this.
  17. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not a belief though is it? It's a fact. He broke lockdown rules, while others were grieving leaving family members to die alone in hospital. But he thought his niece nearly 300 miles away was best placed to look after his kid because he had a bit of a fever. Then he decided a 30 minute drive would be a good idea to test his eyesight. It stinks of tory bullsh*t. He thought a nice press conference surrounded by rose petals in his pal's garden would vindicate him, but luckily the vast majority have more sense than to be sucked in by tory propaganda. Laughable that he still has a job while thousands of others are trying to make ends meet.

BFC Dave and Redhelen like this.
  18. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its unenforceable.

Aldi want your money so wont turn down sales. They could given its private property refuae entrance but they wont.

The police cant disprove your exemption and i doubt there is a judge in the Uk willing to sign for warrant under Pace to allow the plod access to your medical records.

bfc1001 and Redstone like this.
  19. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I just want to say that you're an absolute cúnt and it's people like you that are causing the restrictions to still be necessary.

Wear a fúcking mask.

Fonzie likes this.
  20. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree...but the problem is SD is that whatever rules or recommendations are fetched in, there seem to be a number of people who wish to either find a loophole to justify their own actions, or purely to expose the contradiction as they see it, not necessarily for the reason of being in the public interest....just a clever scoring point.
    The simple facts are that whatever the contradictions that can be discovered or perceived in any advice, this is not a game of exposing contradictions in legislation as though it were public liberties at stake, this is a Public Health crisis...by that it means all our loved ones are at risk of death and or debility by a nasty infection that can only subside if people take responsibility for their own actions.
    My own experience is that (in the main) supermarket shoppers are acting reasonably, small shops are variable, some better than others, some I refuse to go in again...I haven't been to a pub or restaurant yet but I have seen two pubs in my own town that in my view should be forcibly closed, people sat shoulder to shoulder in tap rooms as they did before lockdown and one in particular that has put up a huge screen for PL football at the end of an outdoor and newly built gantry platform...no problem with the facility per se, in normal times it looks like fun, but allowing a large number of people on without a thought to social distancing is a recipe to spread the virus.
    Stay out of close proximity to others, wear a mask when requested....these are not unreasonable things to suggest...even today when its been hot...I had to go to a supermarket, was it pleasant or ideal considering the temperature...no, not fun at all, but it was doable and safeguards others.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020