O/T Labour party

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A lot of the media. If you criticise one they label you as anti semetic, not because they don't know the difference but because they ignore it.

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d say there is a grey area. Of course it’s not racist to say that the policies of the Israeli govt are vicious and something akin to apartheid. Saying that the Israeli state was founded on racism which like Australia and the US it was can make you fall foul of the IHRA examples but is accurate given the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in 1948. One thing that all this kerfuffle has created is that it has highlighted the current policies and practices of Israel which is probably a good thing. You are definitely right about the use of ‘they’.

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't agree but I know where you're coming from. There is a fine line and sometimes criticism of Israel is very thinly veiled racism. Listen to phone ins on LBC with the likes of James O'Brien, Maajid Nawaz and Shelagh Fogarty, all centre of left leaning and you will understand exactly what I mean. None of these are right wing or have a right wing agenda so there is absolutely no bias.

4. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course, the whole situation over there is extremely complex and is most definitely not black and white, it's more like a hundred shades of grey. As mentioned above when the likes of James O'Brien are criticising the situation you know this extends way beyond a media smear campaign.

5. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are some anti semites within Labour just as there are in wider society that’s obvious. No more or less. People like Margaret Hodge have no interest in anti racism. They just hate Corbyn as does O’Brien in his case for what he perceives Corbyn’s stance on Brexit is.

6. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Without a doubt O'Brien has issues, major issues, with anyone who disagrees with him over Brexit but I sense his issues with Corbyn run a lot deeper than that and I don't think his differences are fundamentally ideological. Let's be honest there may be some who question what Corbyn really thinks about anti semitism (rightly or wrongly) and the issues in his party but I'd be surprised if anybody didn't know what he genuinely thinks about the EU.

7. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ah, not just me then. I noticed he used to post every atrocity linked to Islamic terrorists. Nothing about other atrocities that aren’t linked to Muslim extremists such as those in the USA. Moan about the so-called immigrants in Town. Rarely posts about BFC/ football. Boris and co must be proud of their disciple

8. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I include all sides when I say the masses, not just from one side. The drum of peace should never stop being banged, indeed, it should be banged much more vigorously and by more people of any ‘ilk’ Perhaps Britain could set an example by refusing to provide arms to the Saudis. I’m sure that would go down well in parts of Yemen

John Peachy likes this.
  9. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I’d say is regardless of your views on Corbyn there has been a clear and obvious interference from Israel in UK politics as they are concerned that a Corbyn led govt will recognise Palestine. Everyone regardless of views should see this is unacceptable.

10. Euroman

Euroman Well-Known Member

Training and Development Consultant retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are approximately 70 cases being investigated for alleged antisemitism in the Labour Party. The membership is over 800000 strong. Not all these cases will be proven. So 0.0087% of Labour Party members are under investigation. That's not exactly indicative of an "antisemitic Party". The Tory Party doesn't even bother to investigate antisemitism, Islamophobia, and racism with it's party ranks. Who makes more racist comments then Boris Johnson? The Muslim Council of GB asked for an enquiry in to Islamophobia in the Conservative Party and after 2 years they are still waiting for a reply.