Off Topic - FAO those who joined Swagbucks

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by JamDrop, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was going to bump the old post from February rather than start a new thread but as the board changed to this new one since then I can't. Apologies to those not interested!

To those who joined Swagbucks back in Feb (or to anyone who wants to join), the 'swago' board is now live until the 13th April. It takes around a minute - two tops - to complete and gets you 200SB. Just click on each square once. The Superdrug and Marriot ones that say about activiting the swagbutton toolbar does need doing at a PC/laptop and you need to have downloaded the swagbutton toolbar (you can delete straight after although it's useful to have as it gives you notifications for swagcodes. If you don't fancy downloading it then you can still get 125SB for completing the rest of the board). At the moment 200SB is equivalent to around £1.50 - although you need to earn at least 450SB to be able to cash out. The sale on all £5 giftcards for 620SB (bar PayPal which is not included) ends at the end of this month I think so make sure you cash out before then otherwise the price will be going up.

You can exchange SBs for Paypal or Mastercard cash aswell as vouchers (although the exchange rate isn't as favourable!) so it could be a way to fund next year's season ticket for those strapped for cash?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Swago board ends at 8pm tonight! New offer up via clicking on banner on SB home page (banner changes upon refresh of page). Deposit and play £5 at Yahoo Sports Daily Fantasy (new customers only) and get 4000SB. 4000SB is currently equal to £30 Amazon/ticketmaster/Debenhams/M&S/Zizzi etc. vouchers, $40 Steam vouchers, £25 Paypal vouchers. Normally when I sign up to these I avoid all bonuses the site is offering as I'm not sure whether these invalidate the SB offer or not.

3. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well, I've picked my line up and we are off. I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing but I'm currently winning £5 so we'll see how it ends up!

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hadn't realised that 620SB for a £5 gift voucher was a sale. I wondered why they were getting stingier with the Swagbucks on web searches. I've gone back to YouGov for the surveys, as they are taking the piss with screening out. I'm assuming my £4 YouGov reward is down to you doing your 6th survey. Thanks for that Jamdrop.

5. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pardon my incredible stupidity but what the devil does all of that mean?

6. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think I'm only on 4 actually as there never seem to be any available when I think to check. Hopefully that is the case and my next 2 will give you some more credit! For the SB surveys I always answer that I've bought everything within the last week and I have children. The one that says it takes 20mins and gives you 80SB is the best as you can throw them if they say it will take ages and then it will give you a new one to try, sometimes lasting only 5mins.

My Yahoo fantasy thing just ended and as Ross Barkley's goal changed to an OG my winnings went from £26.20 down to £6! Still, it's my money back plus a quid plus the 4000SB.

On Quidco do you check out the Clicksnap (supermarket) offers? They have something free every week and it's a pack of 5 Creme Eggs until the end of the day today at Morrisons, Asda, Sainsbury and Waitrose. As the hubby has an account too we got 10 free ones earlier :D

Attached Files:

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A few months ago, after seeing pontyender's yougov link in his signature I asked how it compared to a site I use where you complete activities and surveys for free money and/or vouchers. Following our conversation a few people joined up via my referral link so I was letting people know who had about bonus SB (points that you exchange for money/vouchers) that were easily available.

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  8. DusThaNoIII

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting. Are they worth doing? I heard it worked out at about £1 / hour or something silly. Might be something for me to do on my 2 hours of train commuting every day

9. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It probably does work out about that but if you look in my signature you can see how much I've earned so far this year. I spend about 2 hours a day on it and make about £60 a month. It's good as extra spending money, I put October and November's money towards Christmas presents for my million nieces and nephews and now I'm trying to make £250 on Amazon before end of May to buy a graphics card for husband's birthday. There's lots of tips and tricks to earn quickly, and I could earn even more if I had a mobile that had internet at you can get 60SB a day from apps alone.

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  10. DusThaNoIII

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very interesting. The on phone site doesn't show signatures for me for some reason but I'll definitely look into it for the train- thanks

11. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've nearly earned my 3rd £5 Amazon voucher so far and I joined at the end of February. There's a lot more I could have done, so that's not a bad amount for mainly painlesss stuff like using their search engine and the swag button to find bonus codes on social media. The big bucks come when you get cashback for buying something that you've linked to from them

DusThaNoIII and JamDrop like this.
  12. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the sort of stuff I do: watch videos, enter bonus codes, search etc. and try and do at least 1 survey a day. I've never bought anything through them as I generally prefer quidco for that but I imagine it could bring in a fair few if you were buying something anyway.

13. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is my signature:

Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/JamDrop01
    Total for 2017 so far: £240 Amazon, $15 Steam

The Steam vouchers work out good value if you buy PC games as they are very cheap and the dollar is much stronger to the pound than it used to be (you buy in dollars and Steam converts it based on the current exchange rate).

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  14. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've noticed there's a few retailers which I use that are affiliated to Swagbucks but not Quidco. I haven't needed to buy anything since joining though.

15. DusThaNoIII

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Started a good 5 or 6 surveys, gave loads of personal info just to be kicked out then finally got through the screening on one, completed it and wasn't even given the points!! Frustrating.

16. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It you didn't get the points for a completed one you should send a support ticket, they usually respond straight away (within working hours) and adjust it.

Getting not kicked out of surveys becomes easier with practice as you get used to what they want to hear and what they don't. Basically say you buy everything regularly, are quite high up the decision making process in companies, have children etc. I avoid the peanut labs ones that are worth 31 or 39 SB and say they last 10 minutes (they all look the same - easy to spot) as they are not worth the hassle. The best ones are the ones with a little i next to them and are worth 60SB or 80SB. They are generally fairly quick and give multiple surveys in a row. It's a bit hit and miss, some days you can easily make 300-400 SBs in an hour or so and some days (generally Sundays) you can't make anything for love nor money.

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  17. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh, for smartphone owners there are 6 mobile apps that you can get 10SB a day on (so 60SB total) from just running a few short videos.

(Available on iOS and Android)
    Moviecli.ps
    Indymusic.tv
    Lifestylz.tv
    Sportly.tv
    EntertaiNOW
    SB TV

All award 2SB for watching a set amount of videos. You can earn 10SB per app, plus any bonus rounds.

Bonus rounds are awarded once you've reached your 10SB. It will say you've reached your earning limit but you've qualified for a bonus round and tell you to watch X videos for 2SB more. This can repeat so if you're willing to let it sit for a long time you can earn quite a bit of extra SB. Bonus rounds are random.

Tip: Find short videos (there's a list of times here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/comments/2dyb6h/swagbucks_app_video_times/) and add the shortest one to your favourites for that app. When you use the app each day, just click Favourites and it will loop that (short) video over and over, cutting down the time to get to 10SB.

I can't do this as I don't have a smartphone but it would get you over half way for your daily goal every day which is a good way to rake in a high bonus every month (mine was 689SB for March from hitting my daily goal each day).

18. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wish you folks would stop typing in welsh.
    or is it not welsh???? either way - I have read this entire topic and might as well be!!

JamDrop likes this.
  19. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where to is she now?
    What?
    Where to is she now?
    Look, speak English or learn Welsh :)

20. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just for your information: a new SWAGO board is active until 1st May with a chance to earn up to 300SB. (It's not a shopping one though but a regular one so it's a bit trickier!)