[Official Site] 2017/18 Season Ticket Information Announced!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I despair, something else to have a go at the club over ! we have one of the cheapest season tickets in the league, kids under 12 free, concessions for the youth & elderly, prices held for people who bought early last season, but hey, dont let that stop you from having yet another go at the club.

YTBFC likes this.
  2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's too big a gap between season ticket prices and match day prices. Flexi tickets went some way to addressing this, but inexplicably haven't been available since December 31st. We are in the ridiculous situation of some people wanting to go tomorrow but being priced out.

3. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like to see the take up on flexi tickets , although I think it's a good idea I reckon the take up was pretty poor. As of being priced out of tomorrow's fixture how do you think the likes of Everton fans pay for their tickets against Liverpool or Man City against Utd etc etc . Football can be expensive sometimes but tomorrow my ticket is costing me £15 ish . Bargain

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You just chose the worst examples you could. Both games you mentioned have tickets on sale for cheaper than our game today.

And in my opinion the reason for the poor take-up of flexibility tickets was the bizarre way that they were introduced quietly part way through the season and withdrawn part way through the season

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Quietly introduced? You'll have to explain that.

And they weren't withdrawn either. They were always a five game flexi ticket that you could purchase until NYE. To be used at your convenience. Tomorrow for example.

This was a ticket initiative that I sung from the rooftops about before my change in employment. So many of us did. It was introduced. And the take up was poor in my opinion.

I have no reason to dig you out because others already beat me to it. You, and a couple of others would find reason to complain if you won the lottery.

RedAllOver likes this.
  6. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nonsense. We are a club that sells match tickets at various prices to try and suit many different budgets . Like they say we are one of the cheapest in the championship. What more do you want ?

7. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you've proved my point. Your ticket has cost £15 and others are paying £36. I'm using a flexi ticket tomorrow, but that has required both forward planning and restraint on my part. I saved my flexi ticket for the 5 most expensive games I knew I could attend. I imagine some people's flexi ticket will have burnt a hole in their pocket and be long gone.

8. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They were not introduced quietly they hammered the advertising. What dI'd you want a plane flying over tarn with a banner advertising. Fans asked for it. They got it. The club delivered and advertised it you can't knock the club on that one.

YTBFC likes this.
  9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What is nonsense? The part about Everton V Liverpool and man city V Manchester united both having tickets available from cheaper than Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday? Because it is a fact. It isn't a dig at Barnsley either.

Or is it the reasons i gave for why i think there was a poor uptake of the flexi ticket? Because that has got nothing to do with selling match tickets at various prices. In fact none of my post had anything at all to do with how you replied

10. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I
    Like I said watching football can be expensive. Its like owt else in life if you can't afford it don't do it or don't buy it .

11. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The club dragged their feet in delivering it and by the time it eventually arrived part way through the season everybody had already got the match day ticket prices in their head. Yes if you were a n internet loving fan like us lot are and you engaged with the club regularly through social media or read about it every day on here then it was hammered but the amount of people who do that compared to the population of Barnsley is small.

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People had the match day prices in their head you say? The match day prices are extortionate for leeds wednesday and other big games so people should have bit the clubs hands off with the savings to be had. Where did you want them to advertise it? Word of mouth is a big advertiser too fans talk.

13. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not nonsense. The flexi ticket should have been available from the start of the season, not October. I also can't think of a single good reason why the closing date was December 31st. It should have remained available until there were fewer than 5 home games left.

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the empty massive poster boards inside their own ground where their own fans walk past every home game and would cost nothing but the price of a printed piece of paper would be a start but no matter how many times that gets suggested it isn't a policy we are willing to adopt for reasons i will never understand. You may think i moan a lot and i do but in all honesty you cannot say you disagree with me that advertising via that method makes sense

15. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was the take-up?

16. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll tell you a good reason . They didn't sell .

17. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is becoming a very negative post is this. Our season tickets are cheap, cheaper still for concessions and the free of charges under 12s tickets are designed to get the next generation of fans on board to support their local team rather than one they see on Match Of The Day. The 5/10 month payment option is there for those that can't afford to pay up front. The flexi ticket was as good as demanded, the club delivered, it was also a bargain, though sounds like it had limited success, but yet still gets criticised.
    The Early Bird is a must to give the club a good idea of projected ticket sales to help plan their budget for the forthcoming season, whether that be player budget, policing, shirt sales (don't start!!!), they need to forecast for.
    My Sheffield Wednesday fan work colleague has had to committ to three seasons to have his season ticket fixed at £550!!!
    I expect to be called a happy clapper and be asked to remove my rose tinted specs, but this season, for £300 on the Ponty, I have seen the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Fulham and, tomorrow, Wednesday Massives, and am really struggling to pick fault with the whole ticketing structure.
    Yes, we're dearer than Bradford, but we're also cheaper than Wednesday, by quite a margin. Do we suggest a serious price hike and start offering 18k/week contracts to non-world class players, or do we accept we are who we are and we pay what we pay because OUR club is in our blood?

Red CB likes this.
  18. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It never crossed my mind to pick fault when I was in your situation. If you can get to the majority of games it's a fantastic deal. Those who have to pick their games, at the mercy of match day pricing, have a totally different experience though.

19. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Another stupid response. The closing date was 31 December when they were issued.

20. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't read this as a direct response to anything you've posted, it isn't.
    I'll also happily admit that I missed several seasons due to Saturday work commitments, then wrapped a mortgage round my neck, followed by having kids, and found time and money did not permit. It would be nice to see more 'home fans only' special offers, though new initiatives have been tried this season.
    My whole point is that, I am not a wealthy person, but the club really do their best to keep prices within reach of the average working man, whilst trying to run a business that has not been for profit for some time, or so it would seem.