[Official Site] 2017/18 Season Ticket Information Announced!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't say I agree with you st. The flexi tickets were offered we didn't offer half season tickets would we have advertised half season tickets in same way? Yes I think so.

2. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Mate you are complaining about **** all as usual. The club introduced something that helped you, that you've used as it was designed for and you still find fault. The club aren't perfect, no one is but they got it exactly right with the flexi ticket

redrum likes this.
  3. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i always budgeted, by staying in 1 sat night a month it saved it for me

4. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Controversial but here goes - I'd get rid of the OAP discount. They can afford to pay same as anyone else and I honestly can't see what they've done to earn 30 odd percent discount.

The age group we should be offering discounted tickets to is 16-24 as this is the tonly me in life where other distractions come into people's lives and expensive football season tickets may be sacrificed, and once these supporters are lost it is difficult to get them back.

5. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In terms of the oap pricing i kind of agree and disagree at the same time. Its true that plenty of pensioners could probably afford full price and probably pay it also. At the same time if you take my dad for instance, started going as a schoolboy and still going approaching his 70th this year, i for one dont begrudge him, and im sure there's plenty more who have clocked up as many years, a season ticket discount in their later years.

100% agree about cheaper prices for the younger fans. They are the future and everything possible needs to be done to keep them supporting BFC.

Julian Broddle's Perm likes this.
  6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure about the OAP bit, I accept that older people get discounts on all sort of things and I feel that's fair. (Also, I don't want to advocate taking them off them now only to regret it when I get to that age).

I will agree on the 18-24 thing though. I was a huge Barnsley fan as a child and I would definitely call myself one now but between the ages of 18-25 I seem to have a black hole all things Barnsley related. I have no recollection of those seasons at all as I had just moved to uni and simply couldn't afford to attend anymore. I don't remember how I got back into it again now but I suspect it coincided with me getting a well paid job.

7. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No they haven't got it "exactly right". Far from it. It was introduced in October and withdrawn in December. If you introduce a ticketing option it should be available ALL season. The club can't even say whether the ticket is going to be available next season. What they have said is that they "won't know until the start of the season". That means that, at best, the same is going to happen - another late introduction. I find fault because I consider EVERYONE not just myself. You should try it some time.

8. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    December deadline to maybe give a cash injection for the January transfer window???
    Also, the option to but TWO flexi tickets was there enabling you to select ten matches for a bargain price.
    Anyway, over and out, I'm off to take up my bargain seat on the Ponty, with my kids who will probably plough thousands of pounds into the club in their lifetimes due to starting out with free tickets and forging a strong affinity to their local team.

9. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you disagree that the club would be wise to advertise with large posters on poster boards owned by the club. Fair dos

10. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you scrutinize everything in life in the same way you do with regard to your contractual relationship with bfc?

Are you in constant dialogue with Tesco? British Gas? Sky? Yorkshire Water?

It must be a full time job.

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not disagreeing but they wouldn't do it for half season tickets so why do it for a five game flexi? We may have to agree to disagree here st

12. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am not saying that they should only do it for a flexible ticket. I have never suggested that. I am saying that they should do it for ALL major offers or promotions. It should be done for half season tickets, full season tickets, flexible tickets and general price reductions. I was using that as just one of many examples of our failure to market correctly using offline mediums.

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do have a point there the season tickets are advertised well as I saw today in the ground but they could do the same for other offers.

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I noticed the season ticket advertisements today as well actually which just goes to show that advertising within the stadium does work. It was on the scoreboard too. I just wish we put the same effort into offline marketing in general as we do into the online stuff (which is excellent).