OT What was your motivation.?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the early days, there was some kind of email list, then Radders chatroom, then the one tainted by Paedophilia, then this one. Probably others in the middle I'd forgotten about. Been on them all for various times...

2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair to him Davey took over at a very difficult time in our history. Ritchie had been sacked and
    he came to the fore after impressing by the way he had performed in the Academy.

Apparently as part of his interview for the Managers job he provided a detailed dossier on every
    first team player which clearly impressed.

He kept us in the division when from memory for three seasons on the run we could have easily gone down.
    We also had that memorable Cup run beating Liverpool and Chelsea before losing to Cardiff at Wembley in the semis.

One stand out game for me one season was Wednesday away. We were losing 2-0 and seemingly on the
    end of a heavy defeat. Somehow we scored a couple to get the final score to two apiece.

The walk back to the car was hilarious. Our lads were singing " You fu*ked it up, you fu*ked it up, Wednesday fu*ked it up ."
    Their fans then changed the "You" to " We" and joined in with us.! Incidentally Davey is now Head of Coaching at a Youth Club in the U.S.A. One of the more depressing periods when you look back and another reason why we should celebrate
    the last couple of seasons and hopefully look forward to more of the same this coming season.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's only one statistic that's needed with reference to Simon Davey. He picked Kayode Odejayi eighty odd times.

4. jax2

jax2 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I started just before the tainted episode started. Went to the OP a few times with Tattersall Tyke knew a few others and we had a good meet at the Anglers Rest in Wombwell. My bezzie mate since junior school posted and had a few enemies and pitched battles, usually about music (R.I.P. Dave Scargill) . Caz is a friend of my Son and Daughter in law and I chased her and her mates round Wombwell when I was community Bobby many moons ago she no longer posts now being a country bumpkin in Somerset.. It's addictive not so much in it's present form to be totally honest but I still rarely miss a day where I am checking for the latest news, views and insults. Sometimes it's like the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Load Bearing Pillar and jedi one like this.
  5. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    it was a good night that jax, I was pissed on porter, esl was having trouble, well with everything really lol, who did dave used to post as ? he used to walk his dog for miles if I remember, and cazzie. tats is on my fb page. I can remember "son of Saville" holding court in the o.p. something just didn't ring true about him to me but I couldn't put my finger on it at the time

6. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Does the Outpost still exist?