Our budget

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Skryptic, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just a speculative thread regarding how much people think we have to spend. Personally I believe we were right to sell Hourihane, Winnall and Bree, as we needed money to invest. The sale of Mawson and the income from Stones probably put us on an even keel financially, meaning sales in January were about filling the coffers so we could afford to buy. We need players now to have bodies to sell in 2019. That said, I'm guessing a total amount of around six million quid may have been available. I'd include any figure for Mowatt in that budget, so with the four signings we've made I'd guess there may be around four million available to spend.

2. Nardiello

Nardiello Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the Mawson and Stones money was more than enough to put us on an even keel - looking at over 10million just there! Though some of Stones money may be in installments.
    I think we spent a bit at the end of last summer on the loanees etc though.
    I'd expect to see us make a few more Moncur/ Bradshaw price range signings, a couple of cheap ones and a few loans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    May I ask how long you have been following Barnsley? In over 40 years I have to say we have never been spenders. Rightly or wrongly money always gets banked and not spent on the playing squad.

4. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been since 1993, and I have seen us invest, specifically when we went up. More importantly football has changed, if the plan is to develop and then sell at a profit we need to acquire talent to have anybody to sell.