Our find a footballer template..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tobyornottoby, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    One thing to take into consideration is the mentality of the modern footballer

These people are vastly overpaid and are looking out for themselves at all times

They give no shits about Barnsley football club nor any other football club and are predominantly motivated by their bank balance

Most clubs in the league have more money than us . We simply cannot compete to buy these players at the 'next level' . The reality is the players we are buying are probably the ones we can afford. Other clubs can pay more money. Yiadom will probably force a move because his priority is him and his family, that's life.

We might well go down in the next few years in fact the chances are we probably will. That's due to the reality of us having less money than most of the 23 other clubs in the league

The league is very different now to what it was. We are now in premier league 2. The current strategy is a sustainable business plan not dependent on us being in the championship I think, which is prudent, given the chance we probably wont be in it every season for the next decade or two

Can we afford to take a risk and push the boat out?

Resoundingly, No.

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I posted last week that the Championship is now the Premier League to us. L1 is our level

3. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The post wasn't all in direct response to you - though it was you I quoted to be fair. The Fraser comment was aimed more at the OP and subsequent posters than you. As I said in the post, I take exception to being labelled a happy clapper just for not agreeing. I'm not labelling you a doom mongerer for disagreeing, but here are others who have been exceptionally more negative.

But in response - of course those 2 hardly played, if they did we wouldn't be able to sign them would we?

If we want players who have played regular games, they will have to be league one, two and lower - we aren't going to be more attractive than most other championship clubs to poach any championship regulars from their clubs, certainly not premier league ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Duplicate

5. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was the OP!