Paul Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A big fan of Paul and the promotion and Johnstones Paint trophy gave me and others a lifetime of great memories.Now when he went to Leeds I thought that's football like it or loathe it he's gone to a bigger club with wages to match I sort of wished him well.After the game at QPR I said at full time contract or no contract he must be on thin ice after another poor performance against a team who at the time was in trouble themselves.Fast forward to today and he makes things appear that theres been some untruths behind the scenes at Oakwell.Wasn't it Paul who said the contract had been signed weeks before and it wasn't disclosed because of Patricks illness and it didn't seem right to announce it at the time.Wasn't it also Paul who said Angus McDonald had an iron deficiency and couldn't play although he went to Hull,passed his medical and was straight into there team.I think to make assertions he should maybe look at himself first.Todays comments appear to get both Leeds and Barnsley fans on his side.On both counts I think its backfired on him.

PLOBBY and judith charmers like this.
  2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He applied for every job going from the summer onwards when he got a new agent. Made his bed. This Saturday is win win for him anyway. Lose he most likely sacked and gets a big contract paid up. Win and he gets his 3rd win in got knows how many games.

3. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Personally I think he's dropped a right Cod in putting everything he's got to say in the public domain.
    You never ever wash your dirty linen in public. He was happy to accept the job and sign for the pay
    increase. Why say all this now.? Total lack of class. Just hope our boys are fired up on Saturday and can get the win
    we need to further damage his already fragile reputation. Speaking to former colleagues who support Leeds yesterday.
    All unanimous. They want him out as soon as possible.

seethi and Merde Tete like this.
  4. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Agreed

The words of a man under serious pressure.

Donny Red likes this.
  5. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the precarious world of professional football it always surprises me how it goes to its participants heads.

Showed a lack of class today.

seethi and Donny Red like this.
  6. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's it's spot on as much as money is important to him and most people he failed us in the first half of the season moved to leeds and lost any support he had from the majority of people from his home town, he is now failing at Leeds probably feeling out of his depth with a poor inexperienced back room team, he is hated by most leeds fans looking at the comments on social media. The man is under pressure and I don't think his bank balance is relieving it much.

7. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  8. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What did he say please?

9. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How anyone can defend him now, trying to stir sh@t like that before we play them must be mad. I lost most of my respect for him when he went like he did. But his behaviour here makes him beyond the pale. I hope he fails regardless of Saturdays result. His destiny now is back room coach at a championship club at best

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  11. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  12. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Although Im peed off with the over rated status of Hecky (the Messiah Tyke), Ive got to question some of this latest toss that we're now hearing about him in the newspapers. Its a whole different ball game as to whether hes actually come out and said it!.
    And if he wants to come out and call us all sorts of sh*ite because we've beat his team this Satdy, then yes I'll raise a damn good toast to that lol.

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He wouldn’t have been in trouble at all. Not with the circumstances.

Not too sure about the untruths, maybe he’s talking about players been brought in he had no say in like Knasmullner or maybe when Ganaye said he had no idea Heckingbottom might leave when in all likelihood he’d have known there was a good chance after the Norwich & Sunderland links.

Angus was seeing a lass from the club shop & things went wrong, he was also our highest earning centre back but was 4th choice. It made perfect sense to come up with some fake reason why he wasn’t playing that wouldn’t effect his value. I doubt there was anyone high up at the club who wasn’t happy with the iron excuse

14. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  15. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky said when the new owners took over - that there were exciting times ahead because there is big money at the club now - which there has never been before.

Then he leaves and now he says he doesn’t want to talk about it.

And yet we still have people convinced that he went to Leeds because he was trying to improve his career.
    No ........ no .......... and NO.
    Something has happened that is being kept under wraps.

Year one of Barnsley’s new ownership starts this summer.
    There will be changes. Mark my words. No need to bother about which player should stay and who should go.
    I’d be totally surprised if next year at this time the team looks anything like it does now - no matter what league we are in.

Leeds owner is worth £300 million - yer can’t do much with that - and that’s why they continue to struggle to make an impact.
    Because of his CV - Hecky brought in to Leeds to work miracles with a comparatively small amount of money.
    Barnsley owners are worth £15 BILLION.
    In my view Hecky left before he was pushed.
    I hope that one day we hear the truth.

Of course the likes of Leeds fans and Radio Sheffield create a whirlwind of propaganda that benefits their cause - i.e. Heckys gone to a bigger better club etc etc.
    I know I keep saying this but Hecky has left to a poorer club. In the longer term it’s a backwards step.
    He knows that.
    So why did he go?

16. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The board have stressed on a number of occasions they aren't going to do anything radical. We are not the next Wolves. I can't see us breaking our transfer record anytime soon. I think you are going to be very disappointed.

Leeds are a big club in terms of fanbase and history- I don't think we are likely to be bigger than them anytime soon either, unfortunately.

Re: Hecky- I do think there's a possibility the club has tried to save face and that the 1/2 mill clause was for us, but I still don't like the way he's dealt with it. He should've known that whatever way it was going to be spun, it wouldn't look good for him.

17. Tob

Tobys Knackers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sign of someone feeling the pressure without doubt.

I was gutted and angry at him when Hecky left but on reflection I think, like others have said, he went before he was pushed anyway.

Having a moan at the board three months later isn't going to endear him to anyone - strange move that one Paul.

TitusMagee likes this.
  18. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  19. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Please could anyone summarise what he says for those of us at work that can’t listen?

20. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    “I didn’t speak about it too much then and I’m not going to speak about it too much now but it was bang out of order some of the things they said,” Heckingbottom said. “They know that but they just wanted to save face I suppose.

“It upset me. Usually I don’t pay attention to social media or what’s written, things like that, but it affects your family in a negative way. You get trouble caused by people trying to protect themselves and not being big enough or brave enough to just admit what’s gone on. That was disappointing but it doesn’t bother me now.”

“It’s the same as when you play in this game,” Heckingbottom said. “People kid themselves and I hear some really foolish things.

“Every club wants winners and to do that you’ve got to have drive and ambition. I’d be the first to criticise people who just get comfy and are happy to be there, not adding any value or wanting to get better.

“That was me. I could have stayed where I was in a minor coaching role, being at a club who I supported and helping and playing my own little part, but before long I realised I wanted more than that.

“You have to push yourself and you can’t have it both ways. You can’t want people who are going to push and drive people to be better at your club and then be upset when all of a sudden they push beyond it. In my time there we saw it with players and we saw it with managers. It just happened again.”

DusThaNoIII likes this.