"People need to start listening to me! Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by PARIS Tyke, Jul 29, 2017.

1. PAR

PARIS Tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As strong words you could here from a manager before a new season.
    Clearly not happy with player recruitment. He said a plan was agreed in March April by all. Then we let championship players go, you need to replace with that quality. Been saying for last 18 Monty so maybe people should start listening. Lost Roberts so need one more than previously agreed.
    Said today was man vs boys. Only Williams in team sheet for next Saturday.
    Barnsley fans don't want to see that type of team and I don't either.
    The 4 referred players are the minimum, then we review again.
    The way we recruit some will fail.

Some clear messages to those holding the purse strings and the New CEO. Get recruiting else the manager is not confident. Was very clear from Hecky. Listen when online.

Kettlewell likes this.
  2. saw

sawdriver Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yep he sounded well peed off , 5 a side football

3. gaz

gaz97 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's hard to get excited for new season when hecky admits we're a million miles off being ready just a week before season starts. Really feel for him and people need to back him before it's too late.
    One worried red

4. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Two worried reds.

5. woolley mammoth

woolley mammoth Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    3 worried reds

6. Rat

Rats Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have to get a refund on that new cladding ,

7. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    After listening to Hecky I have to say I join in the concerns. Thing that puzzles me is that
    he must have had input to the players recruited thus far and only a few days ago was saying
    he was really looking forward to the " real" thing getting under way.!

Who knows today's result might be the kick up the rear the players need and it's better
    to get what was after all was a poor performance out of the way before the league season starts
    next week.

It might also serve as a further incentive for GG to try a lot harder this coming week to
    get the four identified targets deals over the line.

If I was a player listening to that tonight I would be embarrassed and keen to put things right
    next time out.

8. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can only imagine Hecky presumed that deals would be done during the last week to bolster the squad for today and then next week. Perhaps not adding anyone since the Rochdale game has been the final straw. You would have hoped that if these targets have been on the radar for some time, we'd have either pushed the deal through or abandoned it and moved on. To leave potentially four seemingly critical deals dangling this close to the first game is a very dispiriting situation.

Donny Red likes this.
  9. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with this. Pauls recruits as well as them in charge have let him down. We've got trust he's determined to get it right and that people now start listening to him. My real worry is the vacuum which exists given Patricks condition.

Connor and Donny Red like this.
  10. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Not wanting to sound like a drama queen but......

It is often said that no one person is bigger than the team. However, at the present moment, Hecky IS the only light in a very dark tunnel that we seem to be entering. Barnsley had a genuine shot at the Prem or at the very least reaching the play-offs last season until, admittedly out of their control due to the stupid wages being paid by other clubs, we lost the core of our side.Much of it was/is self inflicted though with a wage ceiling that is hopelessly unrealistic given the league we are now in. All the board seem to do is seek to minimise expenditure rather than take every opportunity to increase the revenue stream (for a Championship side the marketing is parochial and run with 'corner shop' mentality) This is the austerity approach like the current government except BFC does not have a huge debt or is running a huge deficit. God knows how they would run the club if we had either or both.

If you have a good quality car and need new parts you can either buy new ones from the dealer, reconditioned parts with a guarantee or nip down t the scrapyard and get something off an old motor, on the cheap and with no guarantees. The latter is what the management have opted for, relying on the expertise of the guy (Hecky) who knows what he needs. but then ignoring his advice half of the time The problem is, even an expert cannot predict whether or not the untested part is any good.

IF Hecky leaves, who would the penny pinching board recruit given that no-one close to Hecky's skills would want the job. The 'plan' made sense in the lower leagues but the step up to the Championship means unearthing gems at a cut price becomes harder or near on impossible.

I have supported/followed Barnsley FC since 1967 through thick and thin including times far darker than this. However, this time it is self inflicted as they (the Executive) are, for some reason, sitting on transfer money, citing 'financial prudence' and not listening to the manager who is the only one of management who knows how to build a team. Lonmg term survival at what cost? I am not saying they need to throw money around like some clubs do but lack of investment in any business guarantees failure.

It is not over-reaction to say, unless BFC board sort this and sort it quickly, should Heck walk away (and I dont blame him if he does), my interest in BFC will finally be extinguished.

( I Await, the "good riddance" " sithee" posts from the 'real fans'.)

HowMuch! and Connor like this.