Players come, players go

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    qed

2. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tonight we are using Torres to explain Winnall.

Like it.

3. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was it like when Sam scored 10 goals this season against the likes of Birmingham Brentford and Cardiff?
    What was it like when we won 2 trophies at Wembley with players you continue to undermine?
    What was it like when Sam and Conor got Player of the Month Awards?
    What was it like when we got to 8th in the league on our shoestring budget?
    What was it like when the players you seem to hate won tons of away games in 2016?

Because football goes in cycles, and this is the best it's been for ages. Yet you criticise, criticise, criticise. As if it makes you an expert on football.
    Well it doesn't. Anyone can point at players we COULD sign, if we had the money. That's not the point. Anyone could point at weaknesses in players. That is not the point either. ANYONE can do that. What our club has done is continually find players who want to work hard, and better themselves.

The break up of this team could be our downfall for years to come, but you'll still be banging on about Premier League junior players no-one gives a r+ts @rse about/ Meanwhile we appreciate the job our club is doing within its means. and we appreciate the way our coaches have developed decent players into very good players.

But anyway, enjoy the ride of selling Sam and Conor when it comes about, I'm sure you will be wringing your hands in glee.

4. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    no need to have a pop at hemsie tonight. i usually cant see what the F*** he is going on about but hes right here.

winall, Hourihane and plenty of others arent barnsley fans, they owe us nothing. if someone offers them 20k a week they will take it. i would, you would.

as for us its how we rebuild, how we recruit again and how the players that come in step up to the plate, with a bit of money we may be able to buy better younger players who are less of a gamble and ready straight away for championship football..... who knows!

5. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I actually agree. As long as we do it in a reasonable fashion (I.e lose no more than one player per window) it is possible to lose players and still progress. That's not to say I want any of our players to leave of course but don't forget our transfer policy is 'buy players from lower leagues, develop them and if possible sell them for a big fee to make the club sustainable'. We need to accept the fact that we will lose players, but hopefully not too many at once. Let's not forget we sold a certain Alfie Mawson in the summer and we've barely looked back since

6. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but he's not talking about any of that. he's back on his agenda of

Winnall not good enough / no one has heard of him/ let's be delighted if he goes to Wednesday for peanuts
    Conor - not all he's cracked up to be lets be happy if he moves on
    Bree is a football God who will play for Barcelona and will singlehandedly save Barnsley FC because I saw him first

7. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For someone who is trusted to wield an element of power reason and control, you really do not to me demonstrate the characteristics in your posts of someone who should be let loose with such responsibility, when it comes to Hemsie.

You just want to crucify him for an opinion you do not share with him, with regard to certain players. Whether he mentions them or not.

We know what his views are - why you feel the need to repeat them for him cannot be other than to cause more trouble for him.

It is sad to see this kind of thing on here. And unnecessary.

8. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There isn't every I don't think but it doesn't stop the likes of Fired and the other usuals doing it though.

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For once I pretty much agree with everything you have said.

10. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tell me what I have said that is inaccurate? This is a forum, he is an adult. He makes his own bed. He deliberately draws attention. He has been advised and warned.

For the record, I have no problem with his opinions. Just his need to unearth them in every possible post. I don't want to crucify him at all. I have tried everything I can to stop the trail he sets himself on.

As an example, I can't stand Robbie Williams, (the singer). However, I have never felt the need to unload my prejudice several times a week.

11. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right, we haven't progressed at all this past 12 months...

And we do have a relatively wealthy owner. It's the reason why you've had a football club to watch this last few years. And why you will still have one to watch, until somebody buys you that Man U season ticket...

12. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fired and the others ....

There are lots of people frustrated with you, many of whom single you out far more often than I do.

13. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Moving Up??????? How far do you think we can go? We're 8th in the Championship. 8th. EIGHTH!!!!! That means there are only 7 teams above us. We've scored more goals than all of those except one. We're a good team. We're the best team you've ever seen, by far. Phil, please, please please just try to enjoy it while it lasts. It really is fantastic to watch.

14. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's not the opinions that's the problem. It's the constant repetition of the same opinions, and the disrespectful and abusive nature of some of them.

The people who run this board get criticised from all sides. They know they can't please everybody, but they try to do their best. Maybe those who don't agree with the way the BBS is run could set up their own forum, then they can decide on the rules.