Pleasant surprise......

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, May 17, 2019.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When my wife brings my Chronicle in after her trip into Town, I am usually wary of
    stories around any players who might be looking to leave, but today I got a pleasant surprise.

The headline reads Pinnock " happy at Barnsley" as Reds begin Championship preparations.
    It goes on to say, that Ethan is very happy at Barnsley and hopes the promotion squad stays
    together. He says further down the article, that when you are near the top, there is always speculation
    around players futures.

For his part, he says, " I am really enjoying my time at Barnsley so I am happy here. It's a young
    squad who have gelled together well this season, so hopefully we can stay together. I am just
    celebrating our promotion and preparing for next season and not thinking about anything else."!

In other articles, Brian Howard and Ade Moses have given their praise for our achievement in
    getting promoted. Howard says he honestly believes that League One last term, was the toughest
    ever. He is the agent for much " sought after" Jacob Brown. His advice to the 21 year old is " stay
    where you are." Brian adds that Jacob has got a lot of development still to do and in his opinion, there's
    no better place for him to do that, than Barnsley under Daniel Stendel.

As for speculation as to any players who could leave. The retained list is being published today, so we
    will know for certain as to who is staying or going. We've second guessed that Jackson, Hedges and
    Isgrove will probably go, but in today's Chronicle, Zecki Fryers is also now that saying he might have to leave
    as he needs to be playing regular games.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Howard is definitely well placed to comment on what can happen when you leave!

Donny Red likes this.