Please Patrick End This Madness Now

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Exile, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Dear Patrick,

I know you are unwell and have stepped back from day to day running of the club but can I beseech you to briefly step back in and veto this madness?

Those who are in charge in your absence are not fans of the club as we are and are seemingly on the verge of committing footballing and business suicide.

Please don't let them return us to the bad old days of being everyone's pushover, the feeble supplicant to local competition, ignorant of the re-invigorated investment the fans have been able to make in the club over the last 18 months and the growth it has enabled.

The fans would understand Winnall leaving in the summer for nothing but not now, to Wednesday, for next to nothing. If he has to sit in the reserves for four months, then so be it - I don't think it is in his interests with potential future suitors to do so, by the way - that would be such a powerful statement both to the supporters, potential supporters and to other players/agents thinking of engineering moves before their contract ends.

From a business perspective, surely its better to think about the wishes of thousands of your customers than one of your 'products'. We certainly shouldn't be helping the competition!

I think we are at a real turning point and we as supporters now need the club to show the strength that you have asked us to have with the club during the difficult years before 2016.

We all hope you are getting better and I beg you to step in now.

Yours,
    Supporter of 36 years

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry but he will be fully aware of it.