Post match interview concerns...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by NCO, Nov 29, 2017.

1. NCO

NCO New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe it’s just me but Hecky (who has long been praised as a man who speaks the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth)...is starting to spout plenty of nonsense.

I listened again this morning and some concerning points he mentioned included -

“How many of our players are playing at this level for the first time”

“Got to acknowledge where they’ve come from and it’s almost 3 months we’ve been working with them”

“With us starting again a couple of months ago, it’s difficult”

I just feel like the above are not only contradictory (i.e. 3 months working with them)...it’s almost December Paul, and then saying starting again a couple of months ago. The excuses are not adding up. The majority of the squad were together from preseason and additions came through by August and the last by Sept. Maybe 2-3 he’s started working with from end of Sept...

Going back to the point about how many are playing at this level for the first time...well, none are...They’ve all played at this level now. We’re 20 games into the season. If they aren’t good enough now, don’t throw them in, unless you’re looking to use that as an excuse?! It took Williams, Barnes and even Lindsay to adjust and reach the required level of performance within 5 games or so. Does that suggest the rest aren’t good enough?! Then you can go back to player acquisition etc.

Of the players that started last night, Davies, Yiadom, Angus, Fryers, Moncur, Gardner have all had plenty of experience at this level. Potts has had almost 200 career FL apps, Williams, Barnes and Lindsay are the stand outs this season, which leaves Ugbo. I’d say he is the true player who has yet to get a grip of the league and it’s demands.

It just sounds like a broken record now, the excuses and the reasons for a bad performance. It’s almost half way through the season. How long will the same excuses continue... when it’s 38 games into the season and players STILL aren’t performing, but it’s understandable because it’s their first time playing at this level?!

It was also concerning to see Hecky sub his captain at half time. If he’s not performing then he shouldn’t be in to begin with, but more alarmingly, is Hecky’s judgement THAT off when looking for a leader of the team...He chose him to be the captain of this team. It goes on, the favouritism in selecting certain players over others regardless of previous and recent performances.

I’m starting to question Hecky. The fact that he admitted he had to be “talked down” by his coaching staff is worrying for sure. He’s becoming irrational with his responses and certainly making plenty of questionable tactical/substitutional chops and changes. Is he losing the plot?? I don’t know but something needs to change quickly. Maybe it’s self acceptance and admitting in his own errors as opposed to being stubborn.

I’m also pretty sure Mallan and McGeehan shat on his bedding or something...then again they don’t have experience at this level, so nevermind...

Rant over :/

PLOBBY likes this.
  2. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's probably looking at a squad of League One and Two players and the concerns he had in August are now being realised - the players aren't bloody good enough.

He must be thinking "chuff me what do I do with this lot? I'd do owt for a Conor Hourihane". Question the strategy and the owner - not the manager.

Redstar likes this.
  3. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mostly agree but some selections are starting to look baffling unfortunately.

4. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I understood that Gus was I'll previous to game and that Hecky asked him to play, once playing Gus couldn't continue.

5. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are. I was very disappointed to see Ugbo, Moncur and Gardener starting last night - as most were. However, can we honestly say the changes would have made much difference? McGeehan might have huffed and puffed more than Moncur but would he achieve much more? Doubtful. Not sure what the manager can do.

6. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Potts on the wing is just unreal. Hopefully that one is consigned to room 101.

7. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Potts at the club full stop int ideal.

Wiggy likes this.
  8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What can he do? He can’t throw them under the bus. Give them some excuses to keep belief amongst the squad & to keep fans supporting them.

Redstar likes this.
  9. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Understandibly after a few defeats and poor performances everything turns toxic . Heckys recent team selections are just plain weird , we have a lack of quality but mix that with a lack of intent and were ****** .We have to back the man though cos the alternative doesn't bear thinking about .

10. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A weeks along time in Football. Hope squad can be strengthened in January.. 2 years ago bottom of League 1 Hecky has earned the right to a few bad decisions not an attractive job reckon Stuart McCall has much more financial leverage at Bradford City.