Press conference

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Dec 20, 2017.

1. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I have to say I agree with most of that except that over the past couple of years the 'plan' has generated enough money to suggest that an enhancement of the policy may provide sufficient funds to generate a ROI ?

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Didn't a Mr chansiri say that when he took over Wednesday over a year behind schedule and tens of millions spent and a massive wage bill..... nothing

3. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They intend to make money by organic growth, increasing revenue and reinvesting it to achieve a steady, year on year increase in the size and stature of the club. They havent declared any ambitions beyond creating a stable, succesful and established Championship club - no mention of the Greed League at this stage. They talk of internationalising the club, raising its profile in their base areas of China and India where the potential for raising revenue is huge - I nearly said massive there :)

They have an impressively broad array of expertise in just the fields that will enable them to deliver on that strategy, and they must have confidence in their ability to do so - otherwise what the hell are they doing here?

Rosco likes this.
  4. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

You actually wanted them to put a time frame on promotion ?

Naive to say the least.

5. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problem with football club accounts is that they do not reflect on their Balance Sheet the current value of the players, or the possibility that a sell-on clause might actually bear fruit. Therefore we cashed in on the value of those under-valued or unlisted assets, suggesting to the casual viewer, having little knowledge of the deficiencies in accounting practice,that there is an on-going reservoir of untapped revenue from developing young players. Whereas those of us who inhabit Oakwell for each home game are well aware that there is not, because our team is struggling. Our bank accounts may be full, but our Balance Sheet no long hides any unlisted or under-valued assets. Any return on the new investment is likely to be a long time coming.

6. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m optimistic , thought they didn’t go ‘ crazy’ and promise success by May , invest in Academy and commercial side of things and ‘stabilise ‘ in the Championship , all seems sound to me . Only real query is the ownership of the ground assets , the 6 month option for the club to buy 50% , is that the Cryne 50% or the Council 50%

7. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Throw in kids in Santa hats two hours before the game and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank. ;)

8. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I doubt that there is much room for organic growth from within the town, other than increasing prices. A grand play was made out of the Nice experience where they had 20,000 people there 2 hours before the game, but unless said 22,000 people are prepared to spend a lot more money, there is no reason for it. It is catch 22 situation, without a better team, we cannot attract more fans, and without more fans we do not have the cash to buy better players and produce a better team. This is not new though is it. We have faced the same catch 22 situation for as long as I have been watching the game. It is a problem that has stumped generation after generation of us. And yet, here we have a set of new guys who have never run a football club in England, who seem to be saying that they have the magic formula to break the cycle. Well I'm sorry, but I am too old and too cynical to fall for it without better evidence.

As for the suggested untapped wealth of India or China... for a small club in the Championship...

9. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're ignorant to say that's the only conclusion that will he drawn.

All you've given there is your opinion.

Lets see what they bring. No one can predict what will happen or what they will and wont do. Id be more than happy for us to carry on under the 'James Cryne' model but do it better (due to more funds).

As for people wanting them to make statements regarding 'being in the premier league in 5 years'. That's just embarrassing and pointless. If they'd have said that I would be worried. They seem realistic, focused and genuine to me and at this early stage with Crynes input that's enough.

10. bright red

bright red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have a feeling that if they had come in and said the aim is Champions League in five years after massive influx of money you would have been even more negative. Let’s face it, you are never really happy whatever happens. This is just my opinion but the only conclusion that can be drawn from reading your posts!!

YTBFC, Wayne and Gordon Owen like this.
  11. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Leave it to the new board.

12. Sooty9

Sooty9 Active Member

They own Barnsley because they think that they can make money from doing so. I would be interested in your business plan for making money from owning Barnsley FC, because Patrick Cryne has only been able to make money by selling it. Up until that moment, it had cost him an estimated £10m.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point timber honest

13. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm afraid that you have misquoted me. The actual quote is, "The only conclusion to draw is the one that I have drawn." It is my conclusion and is based upon the logic and reasoning that I gave prior to that quote. It is though based on my opinion, and as I said at the start of my piece, "I hope that I am wrong".

The piece about being in the Premier League within a particular time frame was said because these people are investors, and their only interest in Barnsley FC is as an investment. In order to get a return on their investment, they must either sell the club at a profit, or the club must be in a league in which the it can make a consistent profit. That league is not the Championship.

14. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    So Barry has been terminated but there are no new appointments so the only registered directors are
    Robert Zuk, James Cryne and Mrs Jean Cryne
    none of the new consortium

15. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're making conclusions on things that you know nothing about.

16. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That’s Oakwell Holdings Limited.

There aren’t any new notable filings in respect of Barnsley Football Club 2002 Limited or Oakwell Community Assets Limited at this stage.

17. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course I am. That is what everyone is doing. Until history proves us wrong, it is all opinions.

18. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But you said the only conclusion that can be drawn is yours.

19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

That’s how I saw things.

20. Red

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I see, this is a discussion about semantics. I didn't realise. Then I willingly admit that I am wrong. What I should have said was, Given the evidence/opinions that I have expressed above, the only conclusion that I can draw is...

I will try to be more semantically correct in future, and thanks for your time and effort in pointing out my mistake.