QPR tickets

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fitzytyke2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Almost 600 tickets on sale in total.

Gold tickets 33 quid and silver tickets 10 quid.

The silver ones for season ticket and flexi ticket holders sold out so only gold left.

Am I missing summat here in thinking that only a small portion of regular travellers are getting looked after, and the rest have to pay full wack?

Last season our smallest away following was Cardiff if memory serves me right, and it was 500+, and I expect we will take more than that to QPR. A good number of those will have rarely missed an away game, why should they pay more?

Why aren't all our regular travellers being looked after? Not every away fan has a season ticket at Oakwell.

Share the load ffs. Some of these lads and lasses go all over watching the reds.

Spuggy, Jimmy viz and judith charmers like this.
  2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Struggling to understand your point here. There is a limited number of restricted view tickets which are quite cheap. So they prioritise them to fans who have committed money to the club either with a season ticket or 5 game flexi ticket over a few fans that only go to away which gives the club hardly any income. Seems fair to me. I can’t think there are many away fans who go all over watching the reds who don’t have at least a flexi ticket

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The club doesn’t give a toss for anyone who isn’t a season ticket holder. The pricing policy on match day tickets tells you that.

4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    In this case, the pricing policy is QPR's, not ours. They have 210 restricted view tickets which they sell for a tenner. The rest of the seats in that area are priced by QPR at £33.

BFC sold the £10 tickets on a first-come, first-served basis to season ticket holders who had also been to a certain number of away games. I can't really think of a fairer way of doing it tbh in this case.

I have a far greater 'beef' with Aston Villa for selling seats for full price where the only view for most of the game was the back of a chuffin' steward!

tinatyke and Connor like this.
  5. fit

Yes. I agree, but there are more than a couple of hundred of them.

There will be also season ticket holders having to pay the full amount.

There is a big difference between 10 and 33 quid,

6. fit

My mate didn't get his headset from villa yesterday. They apologised but said they couldn't locate any, so not only were we sat in the worst seats in the stadium, but John had no commentary.

For me, the main condition of selling a ticket to a blind supporter should be that a fully charged head set should be guaranteed, but just as with Millwall it's a case of them running around half heartedly trying to source one after we turned up.

Villa is a big club. You expect much better.

DSLRed and Jimmy viz like this.
  7. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Agree, that's terrible. It was an eye-opener how they had so many people milling around but not one ounce of leadership, competence or customer service.

8. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was one of the lucky ones who snapped up the tenner tickets. Doubt there'll be many forking out 33 quid to see us play at a ground we always lose at, plus the 3 and a bit hour journey either side. Horrendous pricing from QPR but they've done it to every team this season.

9. fit

I would imagine there will be over 500 there though, as that is our hardcore minimum, and I'd guess that the vast majority have season tickets and will have been to most of the away games.

The whole point of my OP, is that some of them have to pay the full wack.

If I was doing it on a first come first served basis, I would average out the price of all the tickets to around £20 and fill the stand from the middle.

The restricted view tickets are in one corner, and there is a whole lower tier below.

I doubt those restricted view seats would even get used.

I hate this "season ticket holders first" as a blanket mentality. It works in some cases, but in the case of this particular game it doesn't work. People with season tickets and loads of stubs will miss out on the lower prices and pay over 3 TIMES as much simply because they didn't get in first.

10. fit

My gripe is really with QPR, but also BFC know how many regulars go to away games, and most of them are the ones that are regulars at Oakwell too.

I think some people see home and away fans as two different groups that don't cross over.

Could make a good Venn diagram with this one!

Jimmy viz likes this.
  11. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be reight I’m only going to QPR because I’ve been to every soul destroying defeat for years and I’m scared to miss the victory that must one day come as soon as we win I’m never going again. **** ground **** views.

ReadingRed and Connor like this.
  12. fit

It's got to come eventually Call me the eternal optimist, but draws and Norwich and Wednesday give me a bit of hope to cling onto.

JLWBigLil and Jimmy viz like this.
  13. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The priority for QPR tickets should have been supporters who are recorded as having attended X number of away games on the system. The season ticket bit shouldn't have come into it.

fitzytyke2 and Jimmy viz like this.
  14. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone who went qpr last season on that freeing Tuesday night watching Callum elders attempts at being a footballer should be first offered ten quid tickets.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  15. fit

Agreed

16. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Had this issue last year at villa so I just stood up. Steward came and said sit down I said I would but I can't see if I do. Threatened to kick me out so I said go for it. My mate was filming this, so he got some supervisor level steward to come. I calmly explained the problem to him and he just got the steward in question to move the 2 foot down the gangway so we could all see.i thanked him and shook his hand I fully expected it to turn nasty but was met with some rare common sense as an away fan.

Connor and fitzytyke2 like this.
  17. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Should be this way I agree. But to see the club's perspective they want to have as many insentives as possible to encourage people to get season tickets. Plus I think they also go that way because it just easier to do.

18. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Course it should. Bfc make no money from an away ticket. The club survives in home ticket sales. It's logical which person should be rewarded and looked after

19. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    No thanks I was there and don’t know if I can face yet another defeat there. Fortunately this year I can’t go as I will be in France skiing. As I’ve seen all but one of our defeats there this century I am hoping missing this one will at least get us a point b

20. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think this element was in there, just with season tickets added too. I got one because I'm a season ticket holder who'd been to 4 or more away games this season.

However, I think for away games the priority should be given to fans who have been to more away games, regardless of whether they have a season ticket or not.