Quick review again..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Jul 22, 2017.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Overall a decent display. Didn't create much however we looked back to being dangerous from set pieces.

Yiadom classy as ever. For me its him at left back with McCarthy on the right. Fryers hasn't particularly wowed me yet but he's very short of match practice.

Mcdonald and Lindsay have to be the starting pair at CB. Lindsay much stronger and better in the air than Pinnock and Jackson.

We're desperately lacking a third winger. When Hammill or Isgrove are out we're putting square pegs in round holes. Hammill looked good today but over the season I believe he'll be an impact sub so we must get a winger in fit and ready to start.

The young lad from Everton struggled a bit today. Put himself about but gave a few balls away and then went missing.

Mowatt looked sharper again and put in some dangerous balls from freekicks. Not much creativity away from set pieces though.

Moncur wasnt as influential as he has been however you can tell he's got it. Definite starter.

Upfront were still lacking. As I said before the lad from Chelsea isn't lightening quick. He's adjusting to men's football and it shows. I think he's likely to be a grower over the season. Hopefully I'm wrong and he starts with a bang.

Payne again he's okay but then had them moments of lower league.

Bradders another performance similar to last season. Struggles to impose himself, needs to play off someone more lively.

For me Jacob Brown was the pick of the strikers again. Where the others dont make themselves noticed he does. Strong and looks to get hold of the ball and move forward. Liked him on two showings at Oakwell so far.

Mallan came on outwide again, looked to come inside and get on the ball. Looks much more at home in the middle trying to dictate a little.

Again these are just my opinions after TWO games Ive seen so everything could change.

Overall though a decent display and enjoyable match.

Also Davies shotstopping was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly as I saw it, we have nothing to panic about but we need a decent striker or we will be regularly seeing the same result as in competed but lost 1-0 to a late goal, the team has mistakes and lapses in it but with Isgrove, moncur, hammill etc we also have a bit of excitement to come.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with all of the above. Isgrove and McCarthy were exceptional in the last two outings so could have been the difference today.
    That said, Huddersfield were incredibly boring. Their back four and keeper must have had 70% possession second half so we didn't really have much of a game on our hands.
    My tip for the new star of next season is Lindsey. Think him and Angus have potential to be a solid pairing.

4. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Has your info line been cut RCA.

5. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  6. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree Lindsay was good. Did make a bad error that almost led to a goal but for an amazing Davids save. We've got good options in defence though because I feel Jackson and Pinnock would be more than adequate replacements playing alongside either Angus or Lindsay

Fryers will probably be back up if Yiadom stays but again looks composed but not as good going forward as the other two full backs

We do have three wingers! Hedges! Everyone keeps forgetting about him!

7. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Plus yids could play wide right if the other defenders make the grade .

8. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    After watching the highlights - we seem to be good at knocking the ball about in midfield - we made a couple of school boy errors in defence that needs sorting.
    But the main thing that stood out is that there was a lack of punch up front.
    But that's what we expected to see.

9. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Very in depth

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
  10. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)