Racism in football

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DavidCurriesMullet, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Dav

DavidCurriesMullet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watched Gary Neville again for the 3rd time in a month hit the nail on the head about racism in football. After yesterday's typical outcome at the usual culprits where does this end?

Is it now an ingrained problem due to the national political divide ?

I'm in agreement with Neville politics in that this country is a national disgrace and is a threat to it's social moral fabric.

The election on both sides; but more so the right ( Boris and Farage's actual documented comments) are bringing about a class and race war.

In recent days our esteemed leader has threatened or refused to deal with many key issues revolving around those without British citizenship. Are we now living in a Nazi state?

I'm expecting some responses which will undoubtedly refute these claims, I'm open to debate not Daily Mail propaganda.

John Peachy, anstonred and Kettlewell like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I've just read the Millwall forum. I take back every single bit of criticism I've ever directed at anyone on here. I apologise profusely. Every single one of you are an angel compared to them cn*ts.

3. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Politics is definitely fuelling this at the minute - not a football problem but one in soceity. Think it will get worse before it gets better

John Peachy and Kettlewell like this.
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothing to do with politics. It's up to every individual to take responsibility for their own actions.

5. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When it comes from the top it appears to be the norm - looking at history shows you that. Propaganda can whip up hate in people - now in times when social media is so influential people are more pliable.

Kettlewell likes this.
  6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've become a firm believer that there are an awful lot of people who are just plain thick.

7. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not convinced that this is a case of racism and I’ve said this before on here.
    Many of these monkey chants are made by fans with black guys stood near them so presumably some of these black guys are their friends.
    I think it’s more a case of fans trying anything they can to get under the skin of the opposition players - if it’s monkey chanting that does it then so be it.
    The more this topic is given air space - the more fans realise it’s effective - then the more it’s likely to happen and ultimately increase.

8. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The more people equate racism to mere gamesmanship, the more people excuse the inexcusable the more it will increase.
    No right minded human being can sanction racism.
    You either take a stand against it or you allow it to prosper.
    Stop downplaying it and making excuses for it.
    The Diaby song has largely stopped i believe. Is that because it was ignored in the hope they'd stop singing it? Of course not. The perpetrators are too ignorant for that. They stop because they fear the consequences and the reaction of other supporters even though they remain too thick to figure out what's wrong with what they're singing.

Scoff, John Peachy, anstonred and 5 others like this.
  9. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

I don’t think racism is getting worse. However, we as a society are less tolerant and more likely to call it out. There has always been that ignorant acehole at a match who’d shout something like that. Nowadays they’re more likely challenged. And rightly so!

Racism needs to be highlighted, as some of the people doing it genuinely don’t realise or understand the connotations. It needs to be challenged by us. And condemned. Anyone caught should receive a full ban until they’d been on a education course.

10. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Give me fcukking strength.

‘Monkey chanting’ - so be it???

This is soon to be 2020.This was recognised decades ago that it’s abhorrent.

What kind of super Cnunt, even tries to defend it as ‘trying to get under the skin of an opponent.’

11. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You obviously don’t understand how politics has an ingrained influence on all our lives then.

When we have a right wing government in power, who are racist to the core (The Prime Minister himself is a prime example of this) then this allows Terry from Croydon to think it’s ok to go back to the early 80s and throw racist chanting or terms at Black players.

Forgot to say Terry has got some black mates and although he once had a pint with Jamal in Hackney he knows the cultures will never come together. He’s white British, he’s a custodian of these islands and if he wants to tell a foreigner to fcukk off back to where he came from, he fcukking will.

This used to happen a lot in 1980.

It shouldn’t happen in 2020. But politicians have taken us back to an era which no one should look fondly upon.

12. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How do you think ‘everyone’ gets their values?

they’re not magically ingrained. No kid was ever born with values, a belief system or racist views.

Of course people are ‘responsible’ for their actions, but if we can’t ensure the roots of society are sound and allow evil to be spread unchecked, then we all share some responsibility for the result.

13. Nor

NorfolkRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Calling someone a lovely person cos you don't like them is one thing, calling someone a black lovely person is truly despicable.

14. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think your on the wrong forum. Theres plenty flings to the one you should be positing on in the BBS today

15. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have to be honest. Our authorities have shown much less action than we saw from that of Bulgaria.

The PFA were silent until we saw the high profile issue at Spurs yesterday. I didn't read their comments after our game. Kick it out just seem to be an organisation looking for something to complain and amplify rather than working to solve the problem. Clubs ban fans and think thats the end of teh problem. It may be for the individual but not for the club. We have seen fines for clubs at a level much much less than say the spying incident by Leeds at Derby. So the authorities statement is clear, they see it as an individual issue and something that is far less important than a few other minor misdemeanours. I would be interested to know what the FA, Premier League, EFL etc have done in this country other than promote racism in an ad campaign.

16. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    The thing I cant get my head around with the Neville explanation is that the Sky Presenter felt the need to distance Sky from his "personal viewpoint" and to try and add some balance

Just wondering what Balance they are looking for - someone to come on and explain why Racism is OK after all.

Problem is he is right there is no chance of football stamping out Racism when our politicians are stoking the fires or at best ignoring them

17. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apparently as soon as he started to highlight racism in the two main government parties the producer stepped in. They haven't apologised as an org since although the host has.

I'm convinced we will see a team walk off in the prem before season end. The advice to highlight and let the authorities act is just not working

DavidCurriesMullet likes this.
  18. Wil

WilthorpeTyke Active Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I awlays thought racisim was a criminal offence, so why are these people not being prosecuted, and sent to jail, fined or whatever the correct punishment is?

BFC Dave and anstonred like this.
  19. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you have more or less identified how it should be dealt with.
    If fans use abusive language ot throw things onto the field then they are soon spotted by stewards or cameras - so why aren’t these guys identified that use racial chants ?
    To prevent glorifying and as such encouraging more of this behaviour I think the approach should be low key - identity the individuals and get them ejected or arrested.
    It would NOT be to stop the game, announce clubs annoyance over the tannoys or talk about it in the television studio.

20. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we almost agree on this - though I don't think the stewards are hot on abusive language - they do eject people for throwing things though, and for vandalism.

But therein lies the issue - there's a very indistinct line for where the stewards hand over to the police, as in - it doesn't happen! The stewards kick people out, then the police have to go looking for them. Which is barking mad. There should be a very simple hand over process when the stewards eject someone.