Referee favouring the bigger sides shocker!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KyoteTyke, Mar 4, 2017.

1. KyoteTyke

KyoteTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not an anti Man U bashing here ....Just another example of the referees favouring the bigger sides!! Whoever came out with the ridiculous saying that these things even them selves out across a season is as deluded as everyone who re quote it!

I don't believe there is any intentional bias from our referees it's more just human nature and a subconscious fear of the the louder criticism ....I.e from the outspoken complaining managers and teams who have the larger visibility in the media!

You have to admire Hecky's philosophy for his teams never to challenge or criticise the officials (they win and lose on their own merits never as a result of the officials) but I can't help thinking the bigger teams will continue to receive an unfair advantage until the FA tackle the issue....And there we have the biggest problem of all!

2. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think Kevin Friend has been equally as bad for both teams in this one. Mings shouldn't have been on the field for Ibrahimovic to make the challenge he did.

No doubt he'll be in charge at Loftus Road on Tuesday as a "punishment".

Sent from space using satellites and things

3. KyoteTyke

KyoteTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Strange how you pick up the incident of Mings stamping on Ibrahimovic first and yes it was deliberate in my mind ....he was retaliating & doing exactly the same thing as Ibrahimovic stamping on Mings in the same incident .... Therefore using your sequence of events logic Ibrahimovic walks & Mings doesn't retaliate.

The point I was making was the ref didn't see either stamp .... But he clearly knew Ibrahimovic had elbowed Mings and bottled sending a big player off at Old Trafford!

nge how you

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Surely they both walk if the ref sees the kick out by Ibrahimovic as Mings reacted to that. Both incidents are in the same phase.

I'm not disagreeing with you really, but I wouldn't say that the referee favoured Man Utd in that game.

Sent from space using satellites and things