Rio Ferdinand documentary being mum and dad

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Barnsley Loyal, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just watched it and all I can is say is gut wrenching

Not sure I could deal with going through something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was really good. I watched it last night and thought it was a really well made and documentary.

Barnsley Loyal likes this.
  3. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It sure was

Nice for him to include other families who have been through similar problems

I just cannot begin to imagine what he must have felt at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Awful! Purely awful, and my heart went out to Rio and those poor, poor children. It just shows that no amount of wealth could have spared that poor woman from that evil disease and prevented the heartbreak for those three poor kids.
    However... Take that wealth of Rio's out of the equation, and how much worse would it be. Imagine a hard working husband and father, the breadwinner, on a low income, thrust into that position. You can't afford a full time paid nanny (though Rio called her 'family friend') so you have to take over the kids' morning routine, breakfast, uniform, homework, the school run, picking the kids up...So you have to drop to part time employment, or worse still, quit working. But the bills, the mortgage still need paying. Imagine grieving with debt and money worries hanging over your head.
    Yes, it is terrible what that poor family have suffered, but there will be widowed Fathers out there who are going through so much worse, due to financial burdens of being a single parent, that grieving can't find a place in their busy, financially stretched lives.
    In that situation, I'd miss my wife and my children would miss their Mother dearly, but I would be up the creek without a paddle and would have to put grieving on a back burner for a good few years.

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Top bloke who's done very well to cope as much as he has from a tragic circumstance. All cancer is bad but mid 30s and one with a decent success rate you'd fancy your chances compared to for example someone in their 50s who had ovarian cancer. Horribly bad luck. He's done so well and it's good the kids still see their grandparents from their mum's side.

6. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Feel sorry for the children, with footballers though the wives are usually just one of many women they sleep with, not saying that's the case with Ferdinand but I still feel less sorry for him, unfair I know.

7. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I feel very sorry for the kids & Rio to a certain extent but at the same time he was exposed as having an affair that lasted for over 10 years.

I just can't get my head round that. Can understand a daft drunken mistake but 10 years cheating on your wife behind her back is pretty low & she wasn't the only one, numerous affairs outed in court.

I don't get how you can do that. Where's your conscience? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Again, I do feel incredibly sorry for the kids & the families but I find it hard to have too much sympathy for Rio.

8. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

So yes a typical footballer then.