Season Ticket Incentives

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Abruzzo Red, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There was a lot of advertising alongside the season ticket sales that said that there would be incentives for those renewing early at different milestones, free 20/21 home shirts for the first 100 renewals, signed BFC NHS T-Shirt when they reached 500 sales and so on. I was wondering if anyone who had renewed early has been notified that they are eligible?

I fully understand that there will be reduced staff due to COVID but I have not seen anything advertised to say that people have been contacted and the last correspondence that I can see from the club was on the 4 Jun that outlined the incentives.

2. Bre

BreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've heard nothing. Unless you're active on social media or take the Chron I suspect you wouldn't even know an early bird offer was out there. More worryingly it seems the 'code' for iFollow access for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures hasn't been sent out either. I'm sure I read somewhere last week there was supposed to be an EFL meeting earlier this week with the agenda being whether or not the 2020/21 season for Leagues 1 & 2 would include matches played behind closed doors. Clearly the EFL doesn't seem to have got its act together which must make it difficult for the individual clubs. Reports that Tranmere are taking the decision to relegate them to legal advice with a view to taking legal action is an indication that all is not well in the EFL world.

Abruzzo Red likes this.
  3. On yer tyke

On yer tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This, fortunately I do check social media. Wont ever buy the Chron again mind.

My dad has had a letter about renewing his season ticket with the pricing structure etc. But I have received nothing as of yet. Neither has my Grandad, if it wasn't for me telling him what I've read online he would probably have missed out on the reduced prices this month.

Abruzzo Red likes this.
  4. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    YTBFC said the IFollow codes would be emailed out today

BreweryStander and anstonred like this.
  5. The

The Glimmer Twin Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been thinking the same. I've had nothing - email or letter. Just know about it from being on BBS & watching the club's website. Not everyone does internet so there must be a fair few that don't know about the early bird, but at least some have been posted by the sounds of it. Maybe I'm going to get a phone call from one of the players - 13 days to go !

Abruzzo Red likes this.
  6. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I've heard so you all must be looking in the wrong place

7. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Every season ticket holder was contacted regards renewals. Everyone with an email account will have received an email. Over 2,000 without received a letter. It has been advertised online almost incessantly, via articles on the website, videos, etc etc. Everyone with an up to date phone number on their account receives a phone call also.

iFollow codes are to be sent out from today, which was made clear in numerous articles. Those with an email account will get theirs quicker than those without who will receive theirs by post/phone.

The EFL cancelled the L1 and L2 seasons with promotion and relegation still going ahead, with the playoffs taking place from this week.

Everyone who renewed was eligible for each particular incentive and lucky winners notified appropriately.

ATYKE1, Sparky and Abruzzo Red like this.
  8. Abruzzo Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think there has been any issues with the information on season ticket renewal, I check emails regularly and social media. My OP was about the incentives at certain milestones for renewing early, which was advertised on the 4 Jun. I haven’t seen anything saying that people have been contacted so I was just asking if people who renewed early had been contacted to say that they had received anything.

9. Bre

BreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry YT but I've not had a renewal letter or email. My email address is there on my account and it is the correct one. There's nothing in my spam folder either.

10. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is very strange then. If you want me to try and look into that, drop me your details privately.

11. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No problem. I was trying to answer all questions in one go.

Abruzzo Red likes this.
  12. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothing at my household, no communication whatsoever.
    I’ve not had any interest to start searching for what’s happening at the well so I am completely in the dark.
    Maybe it’s stuck down the line alongside the McBurnie fax.

13. On yer tyke

On yer tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, same here mate. I haven't received anything from the club personally regarding this issue. No faulting the social media side of things though, I get all the information I need through these platforms and that is enough for me.

I have an up to date email address though, so maybe I've clicked to not receive any promotional information through email, would this have anything to do with it? If so will I need to change these settings to receive a code for iFollow.

14. The

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same for me no letter. no phone call. no personal email, I have seen it on the weekly newsletter so no problem. I do know the details but was just wondering do all ST holders who aren't on internet know ? Also if no email/letter for this will I follow codes be received ?

15. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So, it appears that those not receiving emails might well need to check eticketing and check the box regards receiving marketing/promotional emails from the club. It's a GDPR issue. If you don't want to receive marketing or promotional emails from the club, you won't receive emails regards tickets, renewals etc.

On yer tyke likes this.
  16. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've just been informed that all winners so far have been contacted, but due to GDPR reasons, we are unable to name them publicly.

17. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would check your eticketing account, and see if you've opted out of promotional/marketing emails from the club.

I cannot answer your general question on whether all season ticket holders without the internet know about renewals, except to say that anyone without an email account attached to their membership details was sent a letter.

You should receive a code today for iFollow.

18. Abruzzo Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank you very much for the update. I will have to check then as I renewed on the same day that the offer came out, so I would have thought I would have been within the first 1000 at least.

19. The

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Already checked - the box to receive ticketing info by email is ticked & always has been

20. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So how will someone with an email account but opted out get the code?

I opt out of all my insurance etc but they still send a reminder when it’s due.

Simon De Montforte likes this.