Season Ticket Poll

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gravy Chips, Sep 9, 2020.

?

If fans aren't allowed back for the majority of the season, would you:

1. Want club to keep your season ticket money to help the coffers

58 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. Want a refund

23 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I did Mike although the reception was rubbish wouldn't dream of watching on there again but i did apply and got a quote back.

2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Really? Got mine a while back. Had to email requesting it and confirm bank details but they paid it in. I think it was Beth sending out the emails.

3. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You and a few others have commented on the quality of the broadcast but I'm sure a lot depends on your broadband connection and PC speed.

I'm connected to Virgin cable and have a relatively new and fast PC and the broadcasts are as good as watching on a Smart tv in most cases, ie HD quality. The odd wobble/freeze but 99% of my reception has been brilliant and well worth the money.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bought mine with little expectation of being able to go this side of Christmas and I don’t trust those running us not to fold us if we lose too much money so happy to take the hit as keeping the club going is up to us imo.

Donny-Red and Tykeored like this.
  5. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If someone wants a refund then they certainly shouldn't be brow beaten or made to feel bad. Their circumstances may have changed, they could have lost a job, had a child or any number of personal circumstances.

If someone wants a refund then it's up to them.

Redstone likes this.
  6. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bought mine and my lad’s in the full knowledge that we were in very unusual times and that the club had no idea or any control over when we’d be allowed back into the stadium to spectate.

They made that pretty clear themselves to be fair in advance of the sale.

I wouldn’t want or ask for a refund - but to be honest, those saying they’d want one, whilst I fully respect that and understand the viewpoint, from a legal and even moral point of view I don’t see how the club could be made to offer that as an option.

They didn’t have to offer refunds for last season I don’t think - but did. The difference being that nobody could have predicted this situation when they purchased last season’s STs. This time however, the reputed 8000 who have knew exactly what the situation was.

If we don’t get back in prior to Christmas say, maybe longer, and the club communicate that they will not be offering partial or full refunds, I will not be critical of that standpoint. I am very critical of the ownership of the club at times but they would not be in the wrong on that in my eyes.

Tykeored likes this.