Should we be surprised if the rug is pulled from under us again?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Within the last nine months what we had thought was a safe, secure and ambitious club on the edge of playoffs and goodness knows what, has been taken apart bit by bit "from within".
    Hecky has said he felt his position was being undermined and wanted to change the ethos at the club, and to a point that has happened by the signing of young unknowns who have shown they are capable of playing well.
    But we all saw that once we got promotion nothing appeared to be done to strengthen the team for our first year back and after January we were lucky to survive. This season has brought about a change in the way players are signed on longer contracts, something we wanted to happen ages ago, but it took a fall in our apparent status to bring this about.
    Something, and I say this guardedly, has not changed at the club though. Now Hecky is supposedly leaving, if true then a disaster, our best players have been allowed, nay encouraged, to leave, and it is not long until January 2018 then who knows what might happen. It's still the same hierarchy at the top, for the moment, and I can foresee the same pattern will emerge. If Hecky did not buy into the plan or opened his mouth and said the wrong thing to the wrong person, on the radio, tv or in the club, then his future could be seen to be hanging by the same thread that all mere mortals hang by at BFC.
    The word is "expendable".
    I guess there may only be so much one can put up with before one says enough is enough.

Kettlewell likes this.
  2. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As far as I am aware the club is on the verge of being taken over,Heckingbottom is still our manager and we have a game in hand on teams around us in the table and we are probably on the same number of points as we were this time last year.

3. joh

john coucom Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the unthinkable were to happen and hecky went to safc who would we like as our next boss.

4. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If he goes they will appoint from within. Unless we’ve been lied to about the plan, or the takeover happens quickly.

So I’d imagine disco or sir bobby.

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    If that happens there will be a meltdown in West Yorkshire

Must admit I am a bit worried now both for us and also for Hecky - I really think Sunderland would be a bad move for him at the moment but he might also think staying here is a bad move due to uncertainties around the take over and his role etc. If Sunderland made him an offer he couldnt refuse I think he would take it but I hope I am wrong or that the offer never comes

6. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If promoting from within could work, as it did with Hecky, Clapham or Harsley could do the job. But that depends on whether a) they want it; b) they feel they are ready; c) they are good enough. They'd get a caretaker spell in charge to prove their worth anyway.

I'd love to see Bobby or Devaney in charge one day but I feel now would be too early

7. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Arsene Wenger ..

8. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't bear to think he will leave.
    I don't want to look at any speculation
    It's too painful.

Mike Lowry likes this.
  9. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Disco and Bobby duo? That's something i could get behind! Are they ready? Is Clapham ready? I agree that the club should appoint from within.

10. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we were to look elsewhere, what about the Cowleys at Lincoln, Stevenage manager (forgotten his name) or Luton boss Nathan Jones, who himself has been linked with Sunderland