SLO UPDATE ASTON VILLA AWAY

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Bondy, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As many will be aware, on the evening of the away game at Villa i was contacted,whilst still travelling on the club coach, that no food or drink was available to the six hundred fans in the upper tiers. Many of whom had driven straight from work

As soon as i reached the ground, i met the senior steward, this was about five to seven.

It transpired that the caterers had not been informed that there would be any fans in the upper tier.

The senior steward arranged for the trf of food and staff to the upper tier and the kiosks opened around seven twenty five. No hot drinks were available as the boilers had not been switched on for obvious reasons.

I asked that they ensured that hot drinks were available at half time,but as the boilers were slow to respond i understand that some drinks were luke warm.

Villa have advised me that at half time ninety six fans were given either a drink, food or crisps free as a gesture of goodwill.

They have passed on their sincere apologies for what was an internal "mistake" between the club and it's caterers.

Please ensure that if you encounter problems at away games you seek out one of the two SLO's on duty.

Kettlewell likes this.
  2. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Slight amendment to my original post. For Food read Chocolate Bar !!!

3. Rat

Rats Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    where used to it , ever tried to buy owt from joke well ,Huddersfield game west stand had run out before half time ov pies .

4. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks - speaking as one of the 600 who drove straight from work and got to the ground at approx 7pm I must admit to being unimpressed at the time but at least there is an apology

The food choice was limited to a few trays of lukewarm pies - they probably had been hot at one time but were almost cold when served and I doubt there was enough to go round - fortunately as we had a comfortable victory.

was there an SLO in the upper tier - and if so how do we find them. Do you have a uniform or wear a carnation or something?

5. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think we owt to look at our own catering problems before commenting on others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most clubs have one catering problem. Whether it's stupidly long queues, warm beer or no food (all seem to happen at Oakwell), nobody seems to have got it spot on. The only club this season that was top of the tree catering wise was Fulham. The contactless pay, queues quickly down and good choice of food at a reasonable price was only away ground where is seemed to be spot on.

7. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have to date resisted a uniform so that we don't look like stewards or car park attendants!
    Our mug shots are on the club web site.
    In the main Sarah and me (Ray) are on away matches and Alan and Carlo on home matches.

8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bondy could one of the SLO's contact south Yorkshire finest and ask them to start using their bfc policing Twitter account again please. It hasn't been active for months and they are uncontactable. I have searched high and low for a point of contact with the football match section of police and the only listed contact is the inactive Twitter feed.

Ps: when will minutes of the meeting with the police be made available? I think it was at the back end of 2015 or early on in 2016. Sarah asked for questions and promised responses. I only ask for an update now because the very first question put to Sarah which was not answered is now being asked again regarding policing the Sheffield Wednesday match.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017