Slow prdictable and lacking ideas....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by selby, Dec 24, 2017.

1. sel

selby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's my assesment of the last couple of months...

We get the ball at the back pass it sideways for a bit lose it then we're under pressure and on the back foot constantly.

Someone who wants to to drive forward with the ball or play one two's and actually try and make an impact in the opposition half is a must in January in my opinion..... Saying that we've got Mallan say in u23s not getting a chance.

I went yesterday and thought we looked low on confidence and struggling for moral and needed someone out there to lead the team and pull us through parts of the game where we needed to be a bit more savvy and keep possession.

Fingers crossed for a positive result on boxing day.....

Jamo and fitzytyke2 like this.
  2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Until Hammill and isgrove came on yesterday we didn’t threaten or press Fulham . Would sooner us have a go at teams than play moncur at right wing and to go hoping for a point

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  3. sel

selby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just think we are far to conservative and we deserve all were getting at the minute... We've got the youngest squad in the division so you would expect us to play with a bit of tempo and get about teams but we just sit and invite pressure while the inevitable goal comes and with our lack of goals it's game over from then.

I love hecky but he needs to change something because he's going down the same route as others before to stubborn to change it and if he's not careful he will find himself out of work.

Jamo and Connor like this.
  4. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

A few times yesterday we did get into decent forward positions, but a bad touch or poor pass would slow us down and allow the Fulham players to get goal side.

On one occasion, Mccarthy got the ball out wide, loads of time but decided to turn round and come back and ran the ball out of play.

On another occasion we went from the corner of Fulhams penalty area back to Davies in two passes.

I've been called as a happy clapper on here in the past, and I never miss a game, but I'm on autopilot at the moment, and going out of habit rather than expectation.

As things stand, these boys are out of their league and drifting into the relegation places.

All the team's that people were calling dead and buried earlier in the season are now breathing down our necks.

Jamo, selby and Connor like this.
  5. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not that I know anything but I get a feeling Mallan may be the first out of the door next week.

6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I've never seen him, but if he can't get into this midfield he must only have one leg.

selby likes this.