Some disappointing comments regarding Bree on here

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Jan 10, 2017.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont think some realise what we have got in James Bree.

The lad literally has it all. He's only very recently turned 19 and at times going forwards he's walking this league.

The most exciting thing is his rapid improvement.

He had a poor spell last season starting with a penalty he conceded at Shrewsbury carrying on for a good few weeks including a mistake against Fleetwood in the JPT Semi. That mixed in with the bad injuries it was sink or swim for Bree. The lad has come through it brilliantly.

He looks bigger and stronger every week. The way he tears down the right hand side at times is already of top Championship quality. Imagine when he's doing that consistently throughout he game. That time will come. When it does he will be the type of player who gets you on the edge of your seat. He really is that good. We all love the power in which Marley Watkins runs at players. James Bree has got that very same style and in a few years time he'll look unstoppable bombing down the right.

Defensively more often that not he's a rock. Of course he'll still make mistakes. So did John Stones. But his mistakes are now few are far between. I always feel safe when Bree is in any phase of play. You only have to look at Kpekawa to see how far Bree is in front of your average academy fullback. Kpekawa is a year above Bree too.

I'm not sure if the underappreciative comments regarding Bree on here have stemmed from a Bree vs Yiadom debate which seems to be developing. We have 2 very very good fullbacks at BFC. Bree is destined for the Premier League. He should play for England. Yiadom looks ridiculously comfortable at this level too. Once we see him back down the right we'll know how good he really is.

Comments such as I'd drive Bree there myself for £3 million. Surely he deserves more respect than that. The lad turned down Man Utd to stay and learn with us. Whilst another year or 2 here would do him the world of good you cant knock him for going now. He's going to have clubs telling him they'll sort him and his family out for life. Lets make the noise about Bree we did for John Stones. He deserves that. £6 million and a sell on is where we should be aiming. And thats considering he is out of contract.

2. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree wholeheartedly. Imagine majority would.

Bree is incredibly talented. And he's lucky to be developing surrounded and mentored by equally talented players.

everyone has different opinions mind and I think it's great that we have so many good players that we can actually argue who is better. Many of us can remember days where we used to argue who was the least *****!

Great young talent. And good luck to him, or any of our squad, who make a deserved step up. Love seeing how our former lads are getting on in the Greed league.

3. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    John Stones made more mistakes than any other defender in the Premiership sadly. Bree potentially is a great player but his importance to Barnsley at the minute is minimal compared to Hourinhane and Winnall. The money from any potential sale is more important than his onfield contributions which are good and getting better, but a full back who's defensive work needs improvement can be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MexboroughTyke

MexboroughTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He's come on leaps and bounds this season. He'll be missed. Not only for his potential, but for how good he is already.

Luckily Yiadom will slot straight in at right-back, providing White stays fit (unlikely).

5. Loa

Load Bearing Pillar Well-Known Member

The West Stand, second along from the Ponty end
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think some folk are playing down Bree to have a dig at Hemmsie which, imho, is as bad as his constant digs at Roberts, Winnall, Hourihane, Yiadom etc

6. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with all that.

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I fully agree thas twice in.one week I.may need to lie down. Bree is fantittytastic.

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post & agree with most of it although England might be pushing it.

It all stems from that one idiots comments. He's managed to turn a decent percentage of this forum against one of our own academy players. Sad to see.

9. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Good post.

10. Tyk

Tyke pigeon Banned Idiot

Its looking like all big guns are in for him surely if he goes to city or utd the will loan him back. He's not ready to play premiere league and the money coming in offer Connor and Sam big deals. This side could go places if kept together we need to take that risk

11. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just think if he gets the City move then a call up is inevitable. Agree though lets see where he end up first. I'll change it to 'could' play for England.

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed good post and I think these comments stem from one posters bree v yiadom battle

13. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the frustrating thing. We are so close to achieving summat and yet we might fall away because we lose our best players. Hopefully this time we will get proper money and can then invest accordingly.

14. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Top post

I think the issue boils down to:

1) For the first time in years, 99.999% of fans have got time of day for ALL our players. We have no weak link, no scapegoat, but instead just talent, dedication and potential. Players who are adored.

2) 0.001% have got time for ONE player and totally disrespect the rest or disregard what they are doing for us. Top scorers, best-performing midfielders, international African defenders .........

That one player is loved by us all too, but this is becoming diluted and hidden behind the constant ramblings of the 0.001%

So whether he stays or goes, I think JB is already a good player, potentially a very good player who will make a name in the game. I hope it's with us, but if he moves on ........... good luck to the former academy player from West Yorkshire.

In Patrick and Hecky we trust

15. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I feel the same way. It's really sad to see. Hemmsie is right about how good Bree is hes just wrong in the way he plays him against our other players, who are also very good.

16. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: Top post

Absolutely bang on.

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    is there any better reason than to wind hemsy up though? i can't think of one?

18. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with this.
    Everyone (I think) understands how good Bree is and hopefully will be.
    But as many have said - the loss of Bree would not be as detrimental as maybe some of the other players e.g. Hourihane, Roberts

19. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me it's the favoritism he has, he constantly finds something to moan about our best players and doesn't praise em, yet completely different when it comes to Bree, he only see's the positive things even when he has a poor game.

Bree is a future talent and a good player, I and many others would just like Hemsie to treat all of our players the same.

20. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Some disappointing comments regarding Bree on here and 'Brexit' thought

If Brexit happens sooner, rather than later, there will be a reduction in the number of overseas players in the same way there will be employees for any organisation. This might give an added premium to home-grown young players. The likes of young James could find their value well on the rise as a result, which would be very helpful to us and affirm our academy and coaching development of young players. Just a thought and not a political comment about Brexit. I am pleased for James. He has come into the side at a very young age, but has been well nurtured by the club to the point that he is now a regular and yet has a good amount of experience in spite of his young age. He has not had it easy with injuries, but has still developed his game. Well done, James. If the big chance does come along, I hope he thrives at top level as well. If not, I hope he won't get disillusioned and will continue to develop further with us until another chance for the big time comes along again.