Still enjoying last night's win

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by JLWBigLil, Aug 16, 2017.

1. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll always be an optimist, but I'm not daft (well, I probably am!). There's still work to be done, progress to be made. With so many new signings, they won't all get up to speed at the same time. Football doesn't, and has never, worked like that. These lads are human beings, no programmed robots. However, for me, these past three home games have shown a glimpse of what we may be capable of in an attacking sense. There's no doubt work is required of the squad from a defensive point of view, though. The willingness to dig in for the team, fight and scrap to ensure victory was achieved was admirable from a group still getting to know one another.
    We've finally blumming won at home!:D

Connor, Rosco, Bossman and 4 others like this.
  2. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed it's a huge relief to get a win and the lads' confidence should get a huge boost. Don't think we played as well as Saturday but won - that's football I suppose!

3. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think that first win was incredibly important for confidence and morale. Hecky can show them that if they do as instructed results will come. Should have hammered Ipswich, but got unlucky. If we beat the blunts or Sunderland we will go into the international break sky high. then we can spend a couple of weeks working purely on tactics with the final squad after the window has closed.