Team Manager Rumours

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fact: Patrick told me personally that HE identified Adam Hammill and 'heavily suggested' (his words) to Lee Johnson that he said yes to his signing.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Peterbourgh have been doing it many years signed George Boyd, lee Tomlin,Connor Washington, Dwight Gayle, britt asombalonga,Marcus maddison all from non or lower league and that's just off the top of my head. You say ditch it and run but I quite enjoy watching these young players develop here even if the do eventually leave. We have sell ons in place on winnall,Conor,mawson and holgate so plenty of potential to make more there. If we ditched the buying young hungry players totally and went back to the never beens/has beens and managers pals I'm done. And our biggest mistake is only signing yiadom on a 2 year deal.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    churtonred likes this.
  3. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    our flaw inteam and management has been the phrase "bring them on" we need a manager and players who are already brought on .following Saturdays first
    half performance the experienced players on both sides stood out

4. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's funny how the people who repeatedly quote the six million we're disastrously going to lose if we go down tend to be the same people suggesting we spend untold millions in fees and wages to stay up.