team

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KamikazeCo-Pilot, Feb 24, 2018.

1. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    If, as some Nostradamus type people on here have suggested, Hammill and Isgrove are out tomorrow then I say good. Nostradamus may be wrong but those players are ineffectual (Hammill more so given his game time). Both try hard but they aren't good enough at this level.Too long on the ball and no end product. Again, both not good enough...

2. Pon

PontyRed Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don’t say that. The prawn sandwich brigade will be after you.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who's the prawn sandwich brigade?

4. Pon

Pontered Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m pretty sure we’ll go without wingers which is a shame. If we play McBurnie and Moore upfront then Hammill’s crosses could reap some rewards.
    Isgrove’s final ball into the box has never been great, he’s more of a get us up the pitch as fast as possible then feed off the scraps type of winger.
    One thing at least, whatever team plays it will be a surprise to Birmingham too. A little like Burton in Tuesday. There we are set up to play a team with 3 at the back and they rock up playing 433/451!

Connor likes this.
  5. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think hammill and isgrove fit in to the 433 formation that he may play now but the reason they have been ineffective this season is because they have played all season with out someone to cross the ball in to as wing play is designed to do. Also they had to deal with heckys being a 2nd fullback knowing their role. I don't disagree with them being dropped now as 442 also didn't won't work by playing 2 defensive midfielders. All change under the new coach and as much as I love hammill BFC is more important and staying up.

Kettlewell likes this.
  6. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Meh

Googs and Archerfield like this.
  7. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Isgrove was the saviour 3 weeks ago, one bad game and he’s rubbish. A bit like the crap spouted on here.

8. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill for all his efforts this season just hasn't performed on a consistent basis. He's the type of player that will hit a hot streak again though I'm sure.

Isgrove really dictates how we play. High tempo and pressing. Apart from Tuesday.

Particularly harsh on Isgrove to be dropped imo.

BarTyke and Googs like this.
  9. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing is, its harsh to single any individual out , as no one has really performed on a consistent basis thats why we are in the bottom three

10. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Put the best wingers in the world in our team this season and they would look rubbish.

REASON WHY; We are absolutely shocking in the middle of the park and have zero creativity, one of the midfielders drops in deep to get the ball and the other 1/2 are stood like lead statues. The ball then goes to LB/RB and we try and work the ball down the line to the likes of Hammill/Isgrove who at 40 yards out with there back to goal are normally marked up with an extra man to beat.

- We can't go through the middle of the park because we're not good enough. Williams and Gardner are too deep and just pass sideways (Too Predictable) they rarely try a big diagonal ball to get our wingers in behind.

- we've tried going long which doesn't work playing 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 up to now. Centre Halfs might aswell get a cigar out against Bradshaw and co when we've tried because the ball has come straight back. Maybe different if we have Moore & Mcburnie up tops?

- The above 2 points forces us to try and get the ball wide and by the time we have normally the wingers have too much work to do or there's nobody in the middle.

We signed all these midfielders in the summer and the inability to find 2 that can play in the middle and move the ball forward quicker and create chances in the middle of the park may cost us our championship status!

NOW FOR THE REST OF YHE SEASON;

Having won something like 2 in 25 we have to try something different get rid of setting up defensively.

If 2 up tops it's Moore & Mcburnie the ball will stick and Mcburnie will benefit from play up there with Moore and he's our best chance of goals. Bradshaw needs a rest been ineffective in last 15 games.

Brad Potts say what you like about him he may loose the ball/not the quickest thinker on the ball but he runs forward with it and tyres to go through the middle. He did well when he came on last game so has to be involved.

Mallan; Like the look of him looks creative only god knows why he hasn't hade and more game time in a team which has dropped so many points. Has to be involved.

Moncue; frustrating player but along with possibly Mallan he's our most creative central player. Goes forward with the ball has 2 feet and an eye for goal if Mallan isn't involved then a heir he has to be.

Gardner/Williams; one or the other depending on the system. Same player Williams needs to stop dropping so deep for the ball.

Really hope we try something different today and it pays off, loose and I think it's curtains. COYR

Kettlewell likes this.
  11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the first half the other night hammill was the only one trying to create anything. It's not his fault that Tom Bradshaw is utterly useless at getting in the end of anything.

Statistics say that hammill has created the most chances for us this season. Is he to blame for the fact that those changes are constantly wasted?

If he's dropped and the ***** brothers play again then serious questions need asking of the new manager

Googs and Exile like this.
  12. Pon

Pontered Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you’re right. It’s not their fault they’ve been dropped into a division way above their current skill set. The club have brought this on themselves by letting contracts run down and replacing a full team with promising youngsters who have never played at this level. Some of who aren’t capable to play at this level.

Who out of the current squad do we think can forge a career at championship level? A handful?

Kettlewell likes this.
  13. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They’ll be changes, Jay.

14. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The worrying thing for me is that we DID identify two that could play together. Gardner and Mallan played well together (as did Gardner and moncur) but then Williams's suspension ran out and a decision was taken to **** our team back up in order to give somebody else's kid more and more game time. If it isn't due to contractual obligations then it makes absolutely no ******* sense whatsoever

15. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve no idea about Isgrove but Hammill’s not gone down. Pinillos is posting stuff on Instagram from Birmingham whilst Hammill’s at home with the Mrs.

Don’t know how you’ve seen enough of Isgrove to come to that conclusion especially when most of our best performances have come with him in the team.

Hammill’s struggled for a while, I can’t help thinking he’s bulked up a bit too much & seems to lack that sharpness that enables him to go past full backs. I just wish he could get back to the form he showed in August / September

16. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I would start the team the team that finished the game the other night. Morais has hinted at changes, and it's no secret that he prefers 433 or 4231 over 442.

A lot is being made over the 2nd half performance against Burton, but the long and short of it is, Burton had a 2 goal lead and unsurprisingly sat back to defend that. We're not going to have the same comfort today unless of course we go 2 behind again.

I disagree entirely with your sentiments over the 2 wingers, especially Isgrove as I feel he has often been the only outlet to take us up the field. He was doing it incredibly well against Wolves before getting injured and the same against Wednesday before being replaced. Hammill is past his prime at this level, but I feel he still has something to give in terms of aggression, which is something else we appear to lack in the centre of the park. I suppose this means I eat prawn sandwiches. I must be doing it to spite myself because I can't fvcking stand prawns.

That being said I would go 433. I think Yiadom and Pinillos gave us the width still on Tuesday to allow the front 3 to make their way into the box when we had possession. We are able to play more direct balls from the centre into the box with Moore up there who appeared to win quite a few flick ons in the latter stages so there's less of an emphasis to get the ball out wide. We scored from a direct ball from the centre into the box (albeit a low driven one), as I don't think Pinillos was necessarily shaping to shoot and the deflection from Moore was probably part of his intention.

But then again, I'm probably talking a load of b0llocks. We could probably play the Wednesday 5-5-0 formation and win 3-0. I mean what the **** do I know really.

Kettlewell likes this.
  17. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's very true.

18. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Probably only the back 4 who would remain unchanged for me (although granted Mills is injured). Other than that, the rest of the team is up for grabs. No one has staked a claim for their position over the last few months. So any changes are welcome and we can’t be any worse than we have been before.

19. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Every word you have said is exactly right. It is clear what the problem has been and that was down to hecky. It is also clear that in Jose first game against Burton that as he had been here only a few days dramatic change wouldn't have been the right thing to do but no one expected 2 worldie goals like they scored. In that match he bravely and correctly changed formation and players during the game and it nearly worked. So anybody still slagging hammill potts moncur Jose etc please read jagzz88 post above.

jagzz88 likes this.
  20. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So to sum up; Moncur will solve all our problems

Fat chance

Exile likes this.