That Barnsley fan whose just been on radio Sheffield

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tyrone1, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your war on common sense is well documented.

2. Kei

Keith Hill's Jacket Member

Kevin Donovan

3. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah Yeah Yeah
    Usual response .......if you don't go along with the general direction of the sheep - then let's throw abuse or sh.t their way because we ain't got the brain cells to form any sort of a reply.

Haven't they realised by now that throwing abuse my way is just watter off a ducks back ???
    They probably ain't got the brain cells to work that one out either.

4. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    nudger,ffs its nothing to do with lack of ambition , the club does not have the finances to keep the better players and neither does it have the finances to sign the best players.We've signed players on long contracts in the past and have been stuck with some right tripe so its understandable that the club are wary with players that come from the lower leagues.
    Its football as a whole that is to blame,not the club.It beggars belief how unfair the entire set up is,how little we got for promotion ,yet how much others get for relegation,its a fcukin joke.Clubs being allowed to work with MASSIVE losses in the finances while others,like us,try to keep in the black or there abouts.Until there are changes to the way money is distributed amongst the entire football pyramid then we are stuck with having to keep cobbling a squad together.I wont hold my breath for these changes,there are too many creaming money from the system for them to be bothered about the likes of us.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problem with money distribution is the fact that us fans will happily watch Manchester united V Liverpool on TV but have no interest in Preston V Burton and that means that sky pays a fortune for premiership rights and next to nowt for the football league rights. Until we stop watching premiership football and start watching football league more then nothing will change. It will only change when the rights to the football league become more valuable which will only happen when me and thee start watching it on tv

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We need to get cleverer with contracts not necessarily offer longer ones. The Angus McDonald we signed fron Torquay would have signed one with performance based automatic extension the one now wouldn't it's not hard really

7. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been saying this repeatedly. You just need to offer an offer to extend on better money, when players sign. That's an incentive, but also a cover to keep good performers. We have fecked up badly on contracts I'm afraid. Business is hard & we tend to get screwed...

8. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    IMO thats exactly what we should be looking at.
    We don't know the details of how contracts are assembled.
    The club has obviously refused to provide the fans with any explanation.
    But the club needs to sort something out urgently.
    In the mean time those fans that have the ....'never had owt, don't want owt'.....attitude, need to stay away from Radio phone ins.

I want - what I believe Hecky wants - and that's a competitive Championship side that's knocking on the door of the Premeirship.
    We have the manager and backroom staff to achieve this.
    However, this January transfer window has shown we can't do that unless the directors get their act together regarding players contracts.