The dream is not over!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by monkeymeld, Jan 14, 2017.

1. monkeymeld

monkeymeld Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Today was always going to be tough. After the turmoil of the last few days and the transfer window in general, it was always going to be a big ask to go up against one of the championships better teams and come home with anything from it. I said to my son before the game that it was a game I expected to lose, but as I sat there watching my dodgey stream with Dutch commentary, I realised something.

We have something that a lot of teams lack, and that is spirit. We have a mentality that runs through-out the team that binds it together like glue. It's a togetherness, a feeling that we are all in this together, from the players to fans to the board. We have no individual stars, but together they make each other great. I was gutted in defeat, but emboldened to see the effort that the lads put into it, and that is all we could ever ask for, a fighting spirit. To see Williams finally get his chance after losing Winnall, he gave it his all and it was good to see. We have a bunch of lads that give it their all every time they go out on the pitch. We may not win every game. We may go on a losing streak. But there is one thing we can say, and that is we have a team that pours EVERYTHING they have into every game. And we should bloody well be proud of that.

2. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    So you think we can still make the play offs?

The dream of a top half/mid table finish is very much alive.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Great post, the dream is not over at all. Is it ******! What's the point in being a fan if you give up in mid January when only a couple of wins away from glory?

Realistically it almost certainly won't happen, but it's not over. not by a long way.

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Room for the PC/rev flag at Wembley on nudgers seating allocation.?

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't beat a team two leagues lower or score against them. Sell our star striker who's our first in a long time to get 20 goals in a season to our local rivals and play off rivals for peanuts. Lose in the league without scoring once more.

Got to say the last week hasn't been the best as it :(

6. monkeymeld

monkeymeld Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe we will make the play-offs, maybe we won't. But at the very least we get to watch great football week in week out. And that is my point. No matter where we finish, I'm just enjoying the ride :D

7. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Team of players that mostly come from leagues 1,2 and conference. 10th in the league above Norwich and Villa. Still only 7 points away from play offs but 14 clear of relegation with 20 games left.
    Some of you need to give your heads a shake.

8. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blind faith .

9. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    As long as we maintain that then i'm happy.
    There is room for improvement behind the scenes however. Don't get me wrong, there has been a massive improvement since we were relegated, but hopefully the Winnall saga is a lesson learnt, because no club should be selling their leading scorer to their local rivals.

10. monkeymeld

monkeymeld Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't beat Blackpool, but neither did Liverpool beat Plymouth. That is the nature of the FA cup, and that is why we love it.

Our 'star striker' pushed for that move. We could have been bitter about it and refused to sell, but who wants a player that obviously doesn't want to be here. It's frustrating that he went to the piggies, and I have a sneeking suspicion that is why Mr Brown has gone. But we move on. Williams pace suprised me today, and I cannot wait to see more of him.

We will lose league games, and it's funny that the grievance is that we lose without scoring. Teams lose without scoring every week, but we have become that accustomed to scoring each game, that its bad when we don't.

You're right, this week hasn't been the best, but it's easy to lose track of how far we have come. Look where we were this time last year.

Like I have said, I am enjoying the ride. We are a fickle bunch, and a loss is hard to take at the best of times. But just look how far we have come in the last year.

11. qqkachew

qqkachew Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of COURSE the dream is over!!

Just ask Nudger.