The more I watch it

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Mar 7, 2018.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The more I despair at the second goal. An absolute comedy of errors.

Lindsay? What is he doing?

Even in the lead up though. Losing headers, slow to react afterwards to the second ball, nobody closing down the ball twenty yards out, woeful. These are basics. I’d have thought a Mourinho coach would be able to iron these things out.

Rounded off by a decent though not special shot being allowed in by the keeper, who looked to me like he wasn’t in position.

Their later shot which hit the post he got nowhere near either - might be being harsh but again I think he was a little too far to his right. The Burton free kick was similar, he seems to want to be a foot or two further to his right than ideal.

I think we have more about us than a lot of the teams at the bottom, but if we can’t do the fundamentals of defending, and have a keeper who can’t make saves other than the most routine, we will always struggle.

Donny Red and Selby Red like this.
  2. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lindsay should have closed the ball down on the edge of the area, instead he went back into it. He should have had a shout from someone behind him maybe? From the highlights there other occasions we should have been closing down on the edge of the area too, instead we backed off. Something to work on I suspect! Encouraging performance anyhow.

Donny Red likes this.
  3. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Stop watching it then - I've only seen it twice and that's enough for me - don't think I can cope with multiple viewings
    Same goes for Gardeners miss.

Extremely Northern likes this.
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From the Sky highlights Lindsay looked at fault for the goal Cardiff had disallowed and for the one they put wide of the left hand post, when Yiadom helped him out by doing enough to put their player off.

5. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Was their disallowed goal actually offside? From the highlight replays albeit from a bad camera angle he looks onside when the ball was kicked - pretty marginal either way.