The myth of stevie mallan

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by WatTHAonABARTnar?, Dec 10, 2017.

1. WatTHAonABARTnar?

WatTHAonABARTnar? New Member

Few bits here and the-iiiiirrrrr
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Listen he's no maradona I get it but come on now hecky let's have a blinking look at the lad, ok he was smashing 40 yarders in top corner in Scottish pub league and scoring many free kicks but our midfield is shocking, balance is totally wrong and we have no one who can put a decent ball in the box from a free kick !

Over last few seasons we have been dangerous with Conor's deliveries, is mallan that bad he can't run or something ? I honestly don't get it this either someone else signed him and heckys got the hump or there must be an underlying issue why he's not got a chance

Heckys quote ' I can't make it easy for them to get in the team ' yet Potts, moncur, Gardner all play when they have had shockers ! Potts walked straight into team on first game of season when mallan was playing pre seasn even scored a decent goal against Coventry and looked a good little player even on right wing ....

Anyone on here know anything surely it can't be he's not good enough as if he can't get in this midfield he needs to get him Sen off in January feel sorry for the lad.

2. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Crazy innit? I get that you can't drop somebody after an odd bad performance, but there's no point in having a squad if on a run like this you don't give some of the others in the squad a chance

3. Cam

Cambridge Red Well-Known Member

Geek
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we will see him soon, seems to be getting closer. My guess would be the issue is his play without the ball.

Django likes this.
  4. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I imagine the championship is a huge level up in terms of fitness & discipline for someone who’s only played in the Scottish 2nd tier.

I’d like to imagine he’ll score plenty for us but Potts, McGeehan & Moncur all scored plenty at a lower level & haven’t carried it with them to this level