The performance last night...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Archey, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Showed shades of Dave Bassett's Barnsley team from 99/00.

I'm not for one minute comparing Moncur to Hignett or Bradshaw to Bruce Dyer, and obviously the formation is different, but the way we went out to try and outscore the opposition was refreshing.

I just wonder whether fitness is letting us down a little at present. We aren't going to be able to keep up that high tempo for 90 minutes a match, 46 games a season, but we did seem content last night in easing off a little after the 2nd goal went in. There was still 40 minutes on the clock at this point. A better team would have taken some of the chances Forest had in the 2nd half.

But that first half hour or so was as good a performance as I've seen in a very long time. Wave after wave of frantic attacking football that the opposition just didn't know how to deal with.

Considering a team got promoted last season with a negative goal difference, I think it provides more positives than negatives that we seem to have adopted this all out frenzy.

2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This couldn't have gone into any of the other threads? Not even the 3 with "last night" in their title?

3. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Probably

Soz

4. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair they were as knackered as us, they had ran out of steam as well, McKay who'd been there best player was absolutely done in & had to go off.

It was inevitable that the game would slow down. I don't think I've ever seen a game as fast paced, the only one I can remember that came close to it was the 2nd half of us against Everton in the league cup when they just came at us with wave after wave of attack

DusThaNoIII likes this.