The wheels on the bus

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by shed131, Jan 17, 2017.

1. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Look to have come off.
    Could it be down to the fact PH hasn't had time to get on the training ground due to him having to spend more time playing the acting CEO....debate

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or the squad that was wafer Ham thin is now as thin as a well known brand of *** paper

3. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair that was a decent strong line up.

But your right about how thin we are especially with 3 players missing/lost and none coming in

4. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's always been thin... but the depth we have should be good enough. We put out a strong side. Blackpool wanted it more... it's the cup, it's make or break to them...
    Hey come on. We've lost a cup match!...
    Blackpool deserved it over the 2 legs.
    Let's close ranks, get behind the team... our support on Saturday is key now.
    **** the cups.. let's get this league thing sorted

5. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Look at the double sub. Putting Williams on (and not a dig at him) to play upfront it tells me Payne isn't very highly rated.

Missing Morsy at least.

6. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Definitely morsy is a massive loss. I didn't want to come out with the usual comment like that but we look a different side without him.

Maybe he have Williams a run to boost confidence. Although it won't give Payne any.

Had high hopes with Armstrong with how he set off but he int half on a shitty spell.

Backroom needs sorting and quick before this decends into something no one could have contemplated just a few weeks ago.

Although I think tonight a few raw nerves will be twitching

7. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have seen nothing from Armstrong to vindicate keeping him. Cracking goal at Preston but nowt besides and no work rate.

Morsy could put his foot in, run and run and had quality on the ball. Need another one in.

8. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont get fans saying this defeat doesn't matter and we can concentrate on the league instead etc..
    For me this does matter and Im very disappointed with them for throwing yet another Fa cup tie away to lower league opposition. Maybe Im being greedy here but Id like to see a good Fa cup run again, instead of having to accept defeats like this (and Altringham).

9. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps we're just going through a poor run like most teams have during a season. I agree We are a bit thin on the ground though.

10. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair i accept at times i can be a little less than complimentary towards the off field activities that take place down at oakwell, but in this instance i cant help but think that this particular down turn of affairs seem to have taken a turn for the worse since PC anounced he had to take a step away from his active role within the club due to his illness.
    Our upturn of affairs over the last 18 months, seem to have co-insided with PC at the helm, when he took a more involved interest in the club.
    Whether that made those under him up their own game something worked.
    Alas the Ship no longer has a captain at the helm , the first officer as jumped ship for reasons beknown only to the club and the said individual and we appear to be rudderless and to some extent entering choppy waters, with certain crew members following suit.
    Worrying times indeed, especially when the crew is stretched and thinly spread, one thinks.
    Its times like this we need to rally batton down the hatches and make sure we as passengers dont panic.
    That said in the present climate i do believe that the club should make an announcement of sorts if not to just to calm the nerves of the natives, but rather .
    to continue the goodwill that they cultivated over the said period of time stated above and put to bed the rumours and scaremongering that certain factors and individuals spread.
    It would be a crying shame if the past 18 months were to be belittled and wasted by ignorence and avoidence of the true facts when a simple explanation of how weve ended up here could be a simple explaination is all thats needed.The silence at times is deafening.
    Once again we fail in the cup games, however that said i still believe this failure was more to do with mentality and application rather than anything else and is the fallout from the past weeks incidents...i would expect the lads in 9 out of 10 cases to bounce back this weekend but if im honest i for one dont think it will happen....due to over stretching ourselves and leaving ourselves short of cover i feel on paper we could be staring at our heaviest defeat this weekend, i truly hope not.
    Whilst i thought we would win tonight and win comfortably i was wrong, and i cant help thinking we are going to struggle on the field of play until our off the field activities are sorted....just goes to show therefore the importance the imput of PC was and is in my opinion....