The young loan show

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 1, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

As he states further up the thread, he's not interested in what others have to say.

2. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Going week in week out is commendable but it doesn't really add anything to an argument, particularly when you're in a discussion with countless others who go home and away, follow the games on iFollow, read the reports or watch the highlights.

N.B. I used to sit near a fully grown adult male at Oakwell who also went to every game without fail, he judged players before he had even seen them play for us based purely on their parent/previous club and on their FIFA stats. I remember us getting a terrible young winger on loan and he was beside himself at the thought of the lad's "85 pace".

ScubaTyke and fitzytyke2 like this.
  3. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For what it's worth, I was there last night. I thought Yiadom started poorly but after 20 mins or so looked nice and steady. Linked up ok with Isgrove at both ends of the pitch and flicked a lovely ball to Isgrove in the build up to Williams' goal. Very little came from Burton on our right side.

Isgrove and Potts were excellent, very positive. Ugbo had the one breakaway that led to Potts' goal, but he's getting "old manned" at the moment, he doesn't look confident and rarely keeps possession. No reason why he shouldn't continue to be given a chance though. But if the view is that Hammill isn't playing well enough (not my view) to start, the same principle would mean Ugbo is a sub every week.

The difference Bradshaw made, he got at their two centre halves and the ball stuck to him, allowing our midfield to play higher up the pitch, our two second half goals followed.

There were errors, McDonald a couple of times, Yiadom early on, both losing the ball in dangerous areas. But we're not a team of perfectionists, errors are part of football. Burton will probably find errors in their play that they'd attribute to our goals.

McCarthy took the decision of being left out like a pro. How do I know? He told me to my face, stood with us on the terrace. Raving about Isgrove and Potts and both of our full backs. And our manager. And our club. He even acknowledged the support for realising that we are doing ok in tough division and says it helps them all. A voice from within who's happy. Who'd have thought that?

4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm just glad he dropped on you to stand with and not certain other attendees, otherwise the poor kid could've been jumping back over them hoardings scarred for life :D

tinatyke, ScubaTyke and Metatarsal like this.
  5. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's a right team. Would comfortably survive in the Premier League.

Metatarsal likes this.
  6. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So only one Newcastle player was in the team of the year. Roberts over Mbemba and Lascelles. someone that Rafa Benitez trusts to be captain of one of the biggest football clubs in the country beaten by Roberts. That's not where the nonsense ends though because I did some checking and the likes of Burton defenders were above them on that nonsense sight.

Wheres Gayle. 23 in 32 last season. wheres sessegnon. Arguably the most talented player in the league over this and last season.

Maybe instead of some shitty site we should look at the PFA team of the year.
    Stockdale, Bruno Dunk lascelles Sessegnon, CAIRNEY KNOCKART mooy Shelvey, Gayle and Wood

Now that's more like it. Team picked by professionals or some shitty site. Which one to believe?

7. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not a zero sum game. It's possible to pick more than one side which would potentially do well in the PL. This is basically just a fantasy football line-up, and I think it's a pretty good one.

I must admit though that I didn't manage to check the site, as I've been snowed under with appointments this week, had to send quotations out to potential clients, and invoice my existing ones, so that I can afford to fly back at Christmas and watch two matches. Reight fan me!

8. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And there we have it in black and white. You view Roberts, Yiadom and Hourihane as representatives of some"shitty site". I think you've said enough there HT. It reveals your views on our current and ex players.

9. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Whoscored model is based on statistics, as far as I'm aware whereas the PFA XI is opinion based. The former is arguably more objective but I do take the point that statistics don't tell the whole story and can often be manipulated.

10. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    But "goal-scoring is not an attribute"............

11. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Drop it, lad. You've been found out as 'nowt but a wind-up. You've done it well, I'll give you that, but you slipped up with the Yiadom stuff - whoops!!

12. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right, it has to be a team picked by professionals, the ones who have a broader understanding of the game.

Like Hecky. The professional who picks ours every week.

13. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do know that Hourihane had more assists by January than anyone else in the league managed in the whole season?

14. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think you will get an answer to that question anytime soon from our resident footballing expert!

Merde Tete likes this.
  15. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yaidom was our best player 2nd half, 1st half he was poor for 1st 20 mins but that was 1st time he played right back for ages.

End of day you do not support Barnsley FC, why do you go to Barnsley matches?

16. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Indeed and, lest we forget, BFC PLAYERS' PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2016/17 was............"the lad from Barnet"

Tee hee - I think HT's broken the single thread record for hoisting himself by his own petard!

Metatarsal likes this.
  17. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, the same lad who Huddersfield would have had but he failed a medical