Their Goal

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wakeyred, Mar 14, 2018.

1. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re-looking at the goal, while Isgrove and especially Davies played their parts - what the F was Yiadom doing? No desire to get back and mark the guy who scored - absolute disgrace, lazy get.

2. Red

Redsfan17 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hahahahaha ye what a lazy git, covered most ground on pitch by a country mile and had a moment where he wasnt quiet aware of man next to him. Isgrove meanwhile is fresh and done f*** all since he come on and cant even get anywhere near their player whos been trying to get up and down all game.

He was probably one of best performers once again and provided assist too.. and also for Thiam had he finished hes chance. Might be running down contract but to say he isnt committed or is 'lazy' would be a joke. He will be by far the biggest miss at this club at end of season if he goes and you'll wish you had his disgrace and lazyness.

Only one disgrace and that was Isgrove who even with fresh legs didnt put anywhere near enough pressure on him to stop cross.

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. Kev

Kev tarn BFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As much as I like Yiadom and he played well yesterday that goal was his fault and it cost us

4. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yids was like most of the team totally shattered

5. wak

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watch the goal, watch Yiadom then come back to me.

6. wak

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No excuse for not tracking his man after 70 minutes- could niot be arsed end of story. I go to a gym class and in front of 10 other people I push myself for no money to the point of collapse. What's someone on thousands a week and 20 years my juniors in front of 11 thousand people excuse?

7. Red

Redsfan17 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ive seen it. Whats your excuse for isgrove?

8. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    To add to Isgrove, Davies and Yids, there's also Moore who doesn't close down the bloke who played the long ball, Jackson who's man Murphy was and is out of position and never gets back and Lindsay who could see all this and feigned to come across and cover then changed his mind and went back.

Ergo, you can all pick which player you dislike and use it as a stick to beat them with.

At the end of the day, it's still a goal and we can do **** all about it now. Isgrove for me had the best chance to stop it and was caught napping.

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Think that's the crux of it. If everyone did their job perfectly every week we would never concede a goal.

In-depth analysis of the Norwich goal shows that a few players could maybe have done better. Thing is, goal analysis is always done after we know exactly where the ball ended up. When a player is taking up a position, making a run, marking a man, they don't know where it's going to go. Could be in front of them, behind them, straight at them. You bust a gut to get to your man, the ball is played behind you, your momentum means you can't stop and you look like a dick. You stand tight to the near post, their player curls it into the far post and you look like a dick.

One week on MOTD they'll berate a defender for not marking tight enough, standing off their man and giving the opposition too much space. The next week in a very similar position a defender will get it in the neck for marking too tight and allowing their man to turn.

The opposition will always score goals. Occasionally one of our players will shin one in to the top corner from the penalty spot or our keeper will take the ball from a cross, drop it and fumble it over the line. But most of the time, while you can analyse where a player could maybe improve if in a similar position next time, actually dishing out blame is counter productive, it just saps confidence and puts the player on edge.

Bizarro, Afies Dad, Redsfan17 and 6 others like this.
  10. Ata

Atac Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Top post!