There's a sense of gloom around BFC I feel.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I read a lot of what is said on here, I see what I see on matchdays, I hear silence from those in charge, I hear Hecky telling Radio Sheff he doesn't know what the summer transfer strategy will be.
    I read about and I see a ground in states of disrepair, the old stand partly closed due to goodness knows what. The East Stand looking like a cavernous shell in desperate need of some tlc.
    We endure a series of player sales which supposedly brings in millions. We lose our two or three main players to rivals in the same division. We sign loan players some of whom are not proving up to the job. We are under serious threat of losing more top players in the summer unless there's a big change in attitude.
    I hear from our owner that apparently we lost money in our record season last year.
    We appoint from within a CEO who is disposed of quite ignominiously after the ruinous January "sale".
    We have lost players who could have stayed had strategies been different.
    We are told that we cannot compete in player transfers and wages.
    We are told that an exciting season ticket deal like Bradford's is a non starter due to our small population area.
    Why do I get the impression that there's a lack of interest, if that's the right word, in thinking and looking big in this league. It's as though we have reached a level that we can't handle.
    I'm chuffed to bits that we have done well so far this season and that we are settled in mid table, a fine achievement when you look at things 18 months ago, but the apparent negativity is growing.
    And it's not just because we have lost a few too many games recently that I'm saying this but it's just a feeling I get right now. I may be wrong, I hope I am, and time will tell, but one thing I do know is that barely will the season be over and the letters will come through the door asking us for next year's money. We commit ourselves to this "burden" but I do hope that in the next few months that a lot more positivity is forthcoming from the club that justifies our commitment.
    I've got carried away a bit but these things do tend to flood out when released.

SuperTyke and dreamboy3000 like this.
  2. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Excellent post and I agree with everything you've said. Hecky has done a fantastic job but he needs a lot more help and support from above, unfortunately that didn't happen in January. In fact it was embarrassing that he was the only one speaking on behalf of the club and pretty much covering several other roles on top of his coaching duties.
    It's going be a massive summer for BFC in terms of players in and out and if they get the recruitment wrong then next season could be a disaster.