Think everyone would have been better off...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jay, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Had we not played the 13 minutes of injury time. Bookings for both sides, a sending off, at least two of their players became walking wounded and they lost their discipline.

I thought we got the majority of the referees decisions as we have in many games this season, but then I didn't think their's was a penalty.

Anyone know why their lad was down for so long? Hope he's OK

We've proven again we cam win when not being at our best. I've never before seen a Barnsley team that's so good at that.

Wycombe started brightly but it was us who took the lead. It looked a penalty to me, Bahre being too quick for their defender, nipping in front to steal the ball and then being tripped.

For the rest of the half we were too casual, no urgency, playing like the game was already won, and when Wycombe realised we were there to be attacked they should have scired but were foiled by Davies' foot. Shortly after Mowatt missed one of those we all think we could score.

Wycombe started the second half the better side as they had the first, but the injury halted their momentum and we scored soon after the restart. Class goal from Woodrow after great work from Hedges and Brown. Stendel must have been delighted with his substitution and moving Brown into the centre.

For the rest of the game we were the better side and then came the farce of injury time which we could all have done without.

Woodrow won motm and his finishing is impeccable. One of the best I've ever seen for us. The two centre halves are very good at this level and Mcgeehan was everywhere. Silly foul and deserved booking though.

Will we go up? Failing to make at least the playoffs is now looking very unlikely. We can sometimes look very good and blow the opposition off the park. But, probably more importantly, we can look quite ordinary and still get the three points. If we can keep Woodrow, Mowatt and the two centre halves fit and if Moore isn't as badly injured as first feared then I think we'll remain in the top two. I hope we don't find out how we'll perform if we lose these key players to injury.

2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    You are right about the injury time but he had little choice after such a long injury. I though the ref was a bit poor but we have had a lot worse. Thought he got decisions wrong both ways. More in their favour but that’s probably my bias so more likely a neutral would say he did ok I agree about the key players. But would add McGeehan to the list.

3. Orared

Orared Well-Known Member

Accountant, now retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not wanting to sound controversial but for the first 85 mins or so I thought he was one of the best referees we've had at Oakwell this season, but I think the late penalty for them was incorrect. I've seen it again an Sky but can't see any offence.
    Just shows the way we see it sometimes.

4. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Officious bystander!

5. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We had the majority of the refs decisions ?

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yes. I'm not biased on referees performances.

7. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Forgot to ask, did Gaz get to see our penalty? :D