This is going to be interesting on here.... !!!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only a friendly..... blah blah blah.
    Minutes on the field ..... blah blah blah.
    One up front.... blah blah blah.
    Get used to it folks, I don't think it will be the last of this sort of thing. One week to go to fix it. Hmmm.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Swap interesting for predictable

Journo Tyke and ryhilltyke like this.
  3. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'm getting some popcorn and settling down for it. It's going to ace tonight!!

4. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest and to be totally brutal its about time some took the rose tinted glasses off ..A ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet and cracks are appearing that may just be too bigger a gap to paper over. I know for a fact that what im about to say will get some of your backs up.and the usual culprits will resort to name calling and personal abuse ...its nothing new when you get to 60 years of age.

Yes its only a friendly and only bragging rights are effected but do you honestly believe Hecky will see it that way..the other night against Rochdale he said some had gone backwards and he wasnt impressed ...wonder how much reality struck home this afternoon ..regarding the forth up coming season, a season that i take no pleasure in saying that in my opinion we will be fighting a constant up hill battle and one i feel will see us really struggle all season.
    Theres no real experience at all in the squad of football at this level. No disrespect to any of the young lads but if they were to go on a run that we saw under Johnson heads in my opinion will drop big time.and once that happens like weve seen before it becomes harder to get that elusive win.
    You cant do what we have done this season and totally re build without laying a foundation of a couple of old heads especially at the back. Get ready for some cricket scores if hecky doesnt manage to get this lot sorted. because the championship strikers will be more clinical at front of goal than anyone weve played yet.
    I for one wouldn't like to be in heckys shoes and my heart goes out to him,,,a week away from kick off and hes got a shambles on his hands at the moment no matter how you dress it up.
    PC and the board haven't done him any favors at all with the cards they have dealt him ie selling off basically 2 realms of talent and not replacing his goal machine. At the end of the day as much as we would like him to be Paul isnt a magician and can only do his best but in the cold light of day his best might not be good enough this season...we will have to wait and see ...if we are in a relegation scrap this season lets not turn on hecky looking for answers as some will no doubt do. Just buckle your seat belt i feel we are in for a extremely rough ride.Yes we can all blame the unfair playing field that sky have created but at the end of the day we as a club shoot ourselves in the foot too often with not learning from past mistakes...like some one posted earlier weve known 8 months we want a striker and here we are once again at the beck and call of other clubs loaning us one...
    I hope im wrong about this seasons outcome and for in my opinion we are and will end up being this seasons Rotherham.......just my opinion guys

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  5. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thats a shed load of stuff there!! Get it, shed ? :p
    If anybody does give you name calling and personal abuse for those honest comments, then they arent worth replying to anyway.
    I think its a disgrace what Hecky has had to deal with and for what eh, so we can go down to Lg One and say hey at least we've got one of the biggest budgets at this level etc. Think about the drop in revenue and ask will we manage to come back up again in 1 or 2 seasons, like we did before.

Today hasnt made me think this, Ive been thinking this since we started signing the new players and our current idea of signing kids who know nothing about this level of English football is a dreadful one. The more I think about it the more it looks to be absolute Championship suicide. Players with a wiser more experienced head dont guarantee any success of course, but they sure as hell would offer us better options than what we're going for at the moment, if we were to just add a few and make it a decent blend of new and not so new!!

Mad Keef Hill did this when he came here and got slaughtered for it, he more or less filled the squad with players who were cheap, both in price and in quality. This is whats happening again right now and Hecky (and the rest of us as fans, because we're all in this together) has been given an impossible hand to play with here. Get ready for a possible last day relegation scrap again, can we go through all that again ? :eek:

shed131 likes this.
  6. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd snap your hands off for a last day relegation scrap. Right now, I think we might be down before the clocks go forward in March.

7. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    We will do a Rotherham. Bottom 3 pretty much all season. Worst goal difference in the league.
    Sell your best players all at once and replace them with kids takes you only one way, down.

8. Red Mist

Red Mist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was ridiculed the other night for ranting and trying to get my point across.I'LL SAY IT AGAIN "GET SOME MONEY SPENT ON AT LEAST ONE QUALITY STRIKER"