Thought club would be promoting the new CEO today

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it's basic stuff Super Tyke. He's not the first i've seen this summer to be wearing Nike in a Barnsley Video.
    Now it won't matter at our level but it does for some.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socc...ship-deal-appearing-pepsi-171815114--sow.html

The picture of former Barnsley defender last summer. Look at what he's wearing. https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/nintchdbpict000253115262.jpg?w=540&strip=all

2. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Anyone remember Banzai?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No because whitey is ****. Barnets ifollow would show it though. Twice

MonkeyRed likes this.
  4. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is for a very very obvious reason. At your beloved Manchester united and Chelsea the amount of money paid by their kit suppliers is huge and they have exclusivity deals as do the players. We as a much smaller club do not get such luxuries so it is utterly pointless in forcing our players to wear ONLY the limited range of puma items that are available to us via our deal.

5. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

white noise.

If you havent got anything nice to say about anyone or anything then may i suggest you **** off.

My eyes and brain are bleeding.

I swore blind i would not post again but **** me you drive me insane.

How/why the hell are you a fan of this football club?

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a fan of football. Barnsley just happens to be the club who his grandad took him to

7. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ....is that players **** size phill

8. YTB

YTBFC Guest

What a lovely, unique video though. Those kids' faces. And think of the many kids who see that video and now want a kit. And maybe a ticket. Etc etc.

Media & Marketing on point. My colleagues are class.

Connor likes this.
  9. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Video's decent.

But I've met you multiple times and you know I'm not a kiss ass or whatever. These are the little bits I notice. That picture with Stones was before he joined Manchester City but he had signed the deal with Nike in February I think. So he knows he's to wear Nike or whatever the club wears or something totally different.
    I noticed it straight away, It got no replies but after the Heckingbottom Video, I thought we were going back to Nike.

10. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Pathetic.

11. YTB

YTBFC Guest

It's already been explained by a different poster, Phil. There is no exclusivity contract. Again, it comes back to how big we are as a club.

But were it at Oakwell, on matchday, he'd have training gear on. Even on charity appearances they often wear club gear. But it's not an exclusivity thing. When they wear such club stuff it's because they are representing the club. On this occasion, Adam is on holiday and wanted to surprise the kids whilst he was out and about this evening. He can wear what he likes.

I honestly think you need to stop comparing us with City, Barca etc. Recognise the club you say you support. Enjoy it. Breathe it. We aren't ever going to be a huge club, a global brand. Ideally we can once again reach the top flight and maybe do a Swansea or whoever and slowly establish ourselves. That's the absolute goal isn't it? But we will never be City, Everton, Arsenal et al. And nor would I want that.

Off to bed now. Take care.

Abruzzo Red and Connor like this.
  12. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting. In the Chronicle Article it did say that GG thought the Marketing was an area that needs improvement.

"The other thing I believe I can bring to the club is an improvement in the marketing and commercial areas. We have had great results with that in Lens and, from what I have seen at Barnsley, it is an area that can be improved. I want to create a global strategy for the commercial, marketing and communication departments." *1

So it's not only me that's noticed this.

*1 http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/ar...ring-overseas-network-and-marketing-expertise

13. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its his first day - how is he supposed to make visible improvements to our marketing and commerial in his first day in a new job
    Especially as he should be filming a snappy video of him doing something - no idea what like but you know best

And who gives a **** what Hammill wears when he is on holiday

You know you are wrong when even Supertyke is saying the club is doing something right and you are the only fan with a different opinion

MexboroughTyke likes this.
  14. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's not the first to say that HT. Quality National sponsorship has been a problem over the 30 years I've been a supporter.
    When I was thinking of applying for the Commercial Managers job in the late 80's I spoke to major U.K. companies to see if they would be a major sponsor.

One was and still is involved in Formula One and the other was an electricity supplier who after privatisation spent a considerable amount sponsoring Test Match cricket.

Sadly British companies no longer have extensive sponsorship budgets. I wish GG well. If he can attract European sponsorship then that would be great but as far as the U.K. was concerned over the last five years for the smaller Clubs at least I personally sensed that aspirations and actual reality didn't appear to match up.

15. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In summary, Gathier's first day should have been spent live streaming a rendition of the can-can in a pair of PumaTM Kings, whilst on the phone to Dominic Solanke's agent.

But he didn't so BFC are ****.

16. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do Barnsley make it possible for clubs to sponsor the club? If you are looking to sponsor clubs would you be happy to choose a club that lets the players wear the wrong clothing and to a MAJOR global competitor?

I watched a video on another clubs channel and they did anumber of different things. Someones house, visit a school and they are go in that clubs stuff.

If a major business see this then they are surely more likely to want to sponsor them.

17. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Now then old lad. I NEVER slate you, ever. You entertain and amuse me and make this forum, generally, a more enjoyable place.
    However, it is becoming very apparent that you spend your entire day's perusing the websites, forums and club shops of all the other clubs out there, then reporting back to here in a negative manner.
    We are who we are, we could pay £150 for a season ticket at Huddersfield and watch Premiership football, but we don't because this is OUR club that's in our blood.
    They say a policeman is never off duty, but here is Adam Hammill 'off duty' carrying out a fantastic gesture and PR for the club, presumably in his own time. He'll have made that family's day, but you only see the negative - He's not wearing his 'uniform'.
    If the players and staff read this forum, what do you think they think of you?
    Bipolar springs to mind.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  18. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Go to bed you cockwobble.

I have been reluctantly drawn out of retirement because of your Jedi mind tricks .

19. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Here's the thing, and something that you are too naive to understand.

Exclusivity costs money. Clearly Puma are not paying for that, so why would the club enforce that on the players?

In the business world you don't do freebies. No company is going to look at a video of Hammill doing something nice in his own time and think "oh, look he's not wearing the club's kit suppliers clothing".

You need to move into the real world.

20. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I may be wrong, but I thought we weren't actually "contracted" to Puma itself?

I thought we had a deal with a company that provide Puma branded teamwear to us, like with Just Sports and Nike?

If it's true, then Hammill could have turned up in Pulse & Cocktail fetishwear and it wouldn't have made a difference...

I've said it already in this thread, but think your self lucky to be a fan in this day and age. At school once, we had a visit From Gerry Taggert, and he was wearing a "Global Hyper colour" t-shirt, Bermuda shorts, socks and sandals... You would have had a field day with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum