Ticket prices for next season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dabber, May 8, 2018.

1. dab

dabber Active Member

Master Baker?
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In a desperate attempt to find something positive out of yesterday (God knows it's hard!) I was looking at this years ticket prices, This afternoon, for League 1 and teams being promoted / relegated to from the division. The good news is the two highest prices Blackburn £34 and Wigan £25 were promoted. The rest ranged from £25 to £15 (I must stress the £15 is Gillingham and anybody who has been there on a cold, wet day will know why!) The dearest being Peterborough £25 (who having built a nice new seated stand behind the goal choose to house away fans in the main stand with a poor view to justify £25 whilst charging £22 to Home Fans behind the goal!! With small away followings lesson to be learn't there!) and Luton who charge £24 to sit in that Sh*t hole of a ground.
    So the good news is if we discard Sunderland, who god knows what they will charge especially if they start well, the price range for next season, if prices are not hiked for"Big clubs like us"!!:) should be much easier on the wallet and should performances start well some fans cannot moan about £30+ for home games if we follow the reciprocal pricing policy of this year.

I know some will moan £20 is plenty but at least circa £25 is more palatable than the a* £36 for home games and if we follow the Peterborough model put away fans in left side of West stand and charge @£25 - £30 for premium seats (Not Sunderland or other big followings I stress) we may be able to open both ends to home fans @£20 an Adult Ticket or even less, being subsidised by the away following!

There I hope that is a positive, probably will not happen as I am living in Utopia, but hey after yesterday we have to live in hope!

Connor likes this.
  2. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From our point of view, the best thing the owners can do is make a blanket price of £200 or £250 for home season tickets, and promote the fck out of it. Even if it's a one-off experiment, now is the time to trial it. That would be a proper statement of intent. I'd buy one at that price.

Fev Red, John Peachy and Connor like this.
  3. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’ve echoed my thoughts from Sunday, mate. To our owners, the cost of implementing a £200 season ticket wouldn’t even register on their balances. I’d rather that’s where they put their money than £xM on journeymen players or ‘big-name’ managers. Refund the difference to those who’ve already paid. Carpet-bomb the media with it including full size billboards (Bradford do this, they’re all over this part of WY) Town centre pop-up shops where you can meet players and sign up. Flyers, posters, the lot. I, too, would buy one at this price, even though I usually only make 5/6 home games a season. Plus I’d bring my lad. Along with Mr Tete, that’s three new season tickets already. Do you see how this works, BFC???

MidlandsBFC and Connor like this.
  4. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the season ticket prices are very fair as they are , we are already going to lose approx £5 million pounds from TV money & with most players under contracts drawn up whilst in the championship , however , if we get off to a good start on the pitch , it is important that our match day prices encourage people to come through the tunstiles , fans will always watch a winning team so lets make it affordable with £20 for adults & £10 for concessions

Googs likes this.
  5. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any reduction in operating profit would result in less money to spend on players if we stick to FFP. I think they're plenty cheap enough - it cost me £24 to see Southend United the other week in a stadium which reminded me of Millmoor sat in seats bolted to the old terrace with terrible views.

6. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The chicken and egg syndrome of FFP

how do you afford to buy better players? attract more fans

How do you attract more fans? Buy better players.

Googs and TitusMagee like this.
  7. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One part of it. Playing positive, attacking football is an even bigger part of it.

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our cut of the money when Swansea flog Mawson would cover a price review.

9. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My moneys staying in my pocket if upstairs don't pull their fingers out simples. It's not about the price for me it's the attitude towards the business model my gripes with. This season didn't have to go the way it did the model allowed it too.

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I disagree. How we going to sell season passes for the next three months? The ticket office is going to be dead as so few will bother now early bird is over. We've gone down a league because our recruitment has been poor. Those responsible for that in turn punish fans who aren't to blame by a slight season pass increase and getting shut of the May price. It's not really fair.

11. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe so - but do you really think if we drop ST prices to say £250 we will get a load of extra renewals - I dont
    A big name manager like McCarthy may help a bit, or if we pulled of a Clarke style swoop and hired a top international at the end of his career as Player manager but ultimately the way forward next season is decent match day pricing and attractive winning football. £20 per ticket and win a few early games is the best we can do at this stage

12. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Play positive attacking football. Consequence. Get fleeced every week by counter attacking teams with better players.

Don't get fleeced every week, win a few games. Consequence. Have your better players picked off by bigger teams.

It's all black I tell you, BLACKKKK!!! !

13. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We do disagree my friend , the early bird offer was there for all to take , when the offer was on there was still a fair chance that the price was for the potential of championship football , its been done to death but those who did not take up the offer were probably waiting to see what division we were going to be in, so are unlikely to renew anyway now that we have dropped, it will be the incentive of good results on the pitch which may entice them back

Googs likes this.
  14. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    100% however I think it was a poor decision to end the early bird when they did. For the sake of a week or so..

Redstone and Connor like this.
  15. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The poor decsion was removing the "May" band pricing. Instead we went with what can only be described as renew now or sod off approach.

SuperTyke likes this.
  16. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was having a look through the promotion book from last time in L1. Oakwells going to be a quite place. Most teams only tended to fetch circa 500 fans per game with a few under that figure. Just hope to god we get out of here quick in 2-3 years tops and not 6 like Sheff Utd.

17. joh

john coucom Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How can we lose money how many time were we on tvlast season

18. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Because every team in the league gets a share of the tv money. While you do get a extra payment for being on, the lump sum everyone in the championship gets is the same. This is significantly lower in league one.

19. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I cannot be bothered to read the above as it is late in the evening .
    Match day tickets should be reduced to attract the casual on the day fan .
    It maybe a concept that the new foreign owners do not understand but it has to be done .
    I have renewed my early bird option but not everybody can do that so bfc support your fans because we support you .

Connor likes this.
  20. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Irrespective of being on the TV , championship teams receive approx £5 million from the league which is sponsorship money from the TV deal the league have , appearance money is extra