Time to scrap the Bosman Ruling...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Row ii Ponty, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there should be a restriction on the number of ins and outs at each club once the season has started. It would put a stop to some of the looting and pillaging during the January transfer window. The sole intention of some of the wealthier clubs seems to be to destabilise their rivals.

2. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree.

3. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know. Let's bring back slavery too

4. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    It was a European court ruling but it was necessary. The old system was that if a player ran out of contract he could only move to a new club when the previous club let him so they could be in a position where there previous employer could stop them working All the Bosnan ruling did was agree that footballers were entitled to the same employment rights as everyone else.

Personally I would prefer a system where players were league tied in the same way cup ties work so players cant play for 2 clubs in the same division in a season and scrap the silly January window. Or only allow transfers close season but thats a seperate issue to the original Bosnan ruling.

Assume it was scrapped - we could refuse to sell any of our out of contract players for less than 10 million pounds but give them a peanuts contract to keep their registration - thats hardly fair is it

5. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And this fuels football's sense of entitlement. Playing football is no different to any other job.

I'm an academic. My employee has spent a considerable amount of time and effort developing me. If I left (after serving my 3 months notice period) they would not be able to get a like for like replacement in place for the day I leave. They'd have to advertise or head hunt an equivalent person, who after a recruitment period of typically 3 months would then have to (in general) give their notice adding to the effective replacement time. Most likely they'd get someone equally or better skilled but with a different skill-set therefore that person would not do the same job as me, they'd run different projects with more or less success. They may even figure out that I do nothing all day and not bother replacing me. See, football isn't special.

6. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thats in the UKIP manifesto for 2020