Tonight

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Nov 21, 2017.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Davies poor. Especially his kicking and decision making when we have opportunity the break.

Back 4 were fine never really tested. Couldn't have asked much more from Lindsay or Pearson.

Yids and Fryers perhaps wasteful when attacking.

Hedges and Hammill very wasteful on the break.

Mcgeehan poor for the third game running and hides from the ball at times.

Gardner is class can open a team up with one ball. Did his role well. Also guilty of giving away 1-2 balls.

Potts our best midfielder, showed plenty of energy and used his body well. Tired late on. Lack of impact in the last 20 mins. Also wasteful.

Thiam. Such a weird player. I can never work out if hes good or awful. Probably because he's abit of both. Sometimes holds it up well sometimes shows a touch of Conor Wilkinson. Got a decent shot off which seems to be his strong point. Second half was a moment when Gardner played a superb pass to open them up and Thiam just swung a wild boot and completely miss kicked it. He's not fit either. Still time though.

On the whole Cardiff there for the taking but we didn't deserve a goal because we were so wasteful. 0-0 the fair result but Warnock got what he came for.

Connor likes this.
  2. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd agree with most of that apart from Gardner. Thought he was steady enough and did ok. Williams' energy was sadly missed for me.....

3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd certainly still have Williams in over Gardner. Williams is our best player. Gardner a great back up though and could play further forward.

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was like a league one game for entertainment value. Not helped by the ridiculous amount of changes with one eye on the Leeds game, when we had a match to win tonight first. Got what we deserved point wise after playing that team and performing like we did.

Connor likes this.