Tough tough season next year

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be quiet Sheldon, go and play with Leonard!! :D

2. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think it will be tough next season if we keep hold of Roberts, Scowan, Yeadom and Watkins. We have the makings of a good Team, I know Kent and James will be leaving but we can cover them positions and Hecky's no mug he'll have a couple of players coming in aswell. Top 10 Finnish for me and I'm no happy clapper.

3. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My OP is not a reaction to yesterday's result, which to be honest doesn't matter too much in the scheme of things. But it does seem to me that we have a massive rebuilding job to do, no CEO, and very limited time in the summer (six week, in reality) to get the recruits from League One or lower up to speed.

But the biggest concern of all is the head coach. Three potentially disappointed massive clubs within 25 miles of our doorstep - all with the clout to quadruple Hecky's salary. Can you tell me that is not a threat?

4. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If that happens we go again. It's all we can do. No point worrying about what ifs.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

5. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with the OP's comments re Hecky, that is our biggest worry.

To be honest, we could have said the same 12 months ago, when Fletcher, Isgrove, etc went.
    We did get Adam res-signing though & if we could get Roberts to sign an extended contract, that would send out a similar message to players thinking of signing for us. It's not all doom & gloom, as far as I see it though.

6. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    My worry is Norwich coming in for him. It was mentioned the other night on Sky during the Norwich Brighton game that Norwich have appointed someone to find them a new head coach, the same bloke who recommended David Wagner to Huddersfield. Hecky WILL be on the shortlist in my opinion, it's just a matter of where on that list he will be, hopefully not #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

When I start to let worrying about the future dominate my thoughts on football, I'll be packing in being a reds fan.

Unless we attract a mega bucks owner and can afford to match what other clubs offer, then nothing will change.

Apart from a few years when we splashed a bit of cash in the late 90s, we have always lost our best people to other clubs, and replaced them and started again.

Continually imagining the worse case scenario for next season can't be good for the mind.

Let's not forget that everyone expected us to struggle from the start of this season, but we've held our own, and even games we've lost have been mostly tight affairs.

Next season we could be better at home, and not as good away. There is plenty of room for both.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We certainly didn't have our 'bottoms spanked' by Newcastle or Reading before Christmas. That's simply untrue.

The Newcastle game was nip & tuck with few chances either way, an error by Jackson & a counter attack goal as we pushed for an equaliser was the difference.

The Reading game was absolutely gung-ho for 20 minutes & could've been about 3-3 before they had a man sent off, after that they clung on to their lead & barely got out of their half.

I feel like your re-writing history on these two games to make a point.

The only 2 teams who beat us clearly in the first half of the season were the best team in the league in Brighton & the best team in the league when they're on it in Fulham, who also spanked Newcastle & Huddersfield away.

No shame in that & certainly not evidence we couldn't have competed for the last play off spots if we'd kept our side together

9. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm afraid that we are going to have to agree to differ on this as I am sticking to what I originally wrote. I'm sure that you will be able to find 'Minority Report' for the games quoted if you are sufficiently interested in my views at the time.

10. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading absolutely twatted us without the sending off we would have been hammered.