Town centre druggies.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by judith charmers, Dec 12, 2017.

1. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Today I’ve been in town and I parked in the car park near Brownes bar, as I made my way back to the car I noticed a man and woman acting shifty on the steps to the right hand side of the carpark, as I walked passed them I couldn’t entirely see what the man was doing but it looked like to me they were preparing some sort of drugs......as I got in my car I was parked facing them and the woman was looking round constantly while he was constantly looking down at his hands.......as I drove off and down on peel street I looked back up the alley at the side of Argos and they were still there looking dodgy. I’m led do believe there’s been pictures on social media of junkies injecting in the town so it would’nt surprise me if this was the case today, I was trying to see if I could see a policeman driving by so I could flag them down.

We have town centre Marshall’s walking by pulling old lasses and giving them a £75 gone for dropping a cig on the floor but it’s ok for junkies to risk the streets smashed off there heads!!!

Bit of a piss take really

Youuureds! likes this.
  2. Red

RedMonk Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    'Homeless' drop in centre on Pitt Street (side of temperance house) is full of them every Mon, Thursday & Friday. Dealing on old Panama Joes steps, drinking beers on the way in and just chucking the tins in the bushes at the side of Sandpit nursery. If folks who donate to the drop in centre actually saw what kind of people they were supposed to be helping I'm sure they wouldnt donate any longer. Known shoplifters frequent the centre as well. And also the old Jax Music shop someone has put up a notice for an alcohol license application from the hours of 7am to 2am!! I can't see the shops on the same row or the nursery being impressed with that.

3. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They openly deal outside Smack converters.

Dog Alley is a known hotspot for both junkies and pissheads.

There's also been repercussions with the latter with investigations into the source of the imported superstrength lager and putting pressure on the shopkeepers selling it.

4. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's worst on a Sunday morning, god knows how many druggies I've seen at peel square asleep

5. Row

Row ii Ponty Active Member

Bus Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FFS don't post this on WAB.. U will only get the usual crap they spout, about they are victims and u don't know what kind of life they have had..

**** em all I say,, It needs a cull. I work in the town centre. and some parts are becoming no go zones.. I wouldn't give them steam off mi piss.. they are beyond help. oh and don't get me started on them litter gastapo.. they are frightend stiff of the druggies that's why they persue old folk if a bit of litter blows out of there hand..

6. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve no objection about people being fined for ‘purposely’ litter dropping, it’s poor manners which no one is born with BUT these Marshall’s are there to provide eyes and ears to the council and also there to stop anti social behaviour.....now if I’m not mistaken pulling old Mary for dropping her bingo ticket is far lesser than dirty dean shoving a needle in his arm.....it’s down to consistency, if normal day to day people can see what happens on our streets then so do these Marshall’s.......a dread to think what I may see one day out with my 2 kids!!

7. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    These people are ill and need help, not chastised, one wrong move in life and they end up like this, and it's very difficult to get out of it, locking them up will not help, I know for a fact "as a member of my family is a senior social worker in Barnsley and as told me that there is no resources to deal with this crisis" and yes it is a crisis, its disturbing to all normal people going about there daily way of life and coming across these people laid about in the street, they take up Police and Hospital resorces and time, the concil have no money to help and the govenment well do they give a ****.

8. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One thing in life I love is a turn round success story, a know a guy who was up to his eyes many moons ago and now he is married, 2 kids, good grafter, all round nice guy........for everyone one of him I bet there’s 50-100 of the other side who have thousands spent on them to relapse in a short space of time and back to there thieving ways.......I don’t believe anyone of us are born bad but it’s life choices people make that lead to actions we take, most of these that loyter around town congregate in the same areas day in day out, why is not possible to patrol these areas more frequently?

9. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can only help those who want to get clean.

I grew up with a couple of the cold turkey circles finest.

Lost more than a couple of friends to smack, crack, spice and anything else they can cook up.

They only bother attending appointments when they are up in court so they get leaniancy from the beak.

10. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely spot on

11. jax2

jax2 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see them 3 or 4 times a week being close to town centre and in there on a regular basis. They deal openly at the rear of local premises and when you call the police they are not interested they ask, is there any violence involved. There is a dealer in a house opposite and young often well turned out young uns with kids in prams turn up. One stole the takings from the cake stall set up to get funds to help them. Nothing will change while there is a soft approach from the police social services etc. Look to America as what happens there now will not be long arriving here so its the pain killer over prescription to hit us harder soon,

12. saw

sawdriver Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I walk through town most days and its the same people in the same places doing the same thing and the numbers are growing . the only time you see any coppers is on match day .

13. joh

john coucom Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    they are all skurge on society they need rounding up and locking up until they are clean

14. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I used to work for a drug agency in Barnsley, I thought it would help me sympathise... In reality it just showed me that very few of them deserve help.

If anything, working there and dealing with people with drug problems (and the rose-tinted spectacle wearing staff) turned me more cynical than I already was!

Sad, but they really are a drain on society. Throwing money at the problem for things like housing and rehab doesn't work and neither does the heavy handed sledge hammer approach. Hard to see a fix for it to be honest.

15. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Legalise drugs. Tax them. Take people off the streets. Decriminalise a personal choice. I have known lots of people who take drugs and are high performing professional people as well as the scrotes. They can afford their vice so Don’t get the bad publicity. The war on drugs is lost. Even the CIA broadly acknowledges this.

16. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Legalise drugs and tax them? Great idea, let's take the thing that makes people rob, hurt and even murder and let's make it even more expensive...

Legal drugs would only benefit the "high performing professional people" as you put it, as they would be the only people who could afford it.

Bobby Smackface would still need to buy his illegal **** round the back of M&S as always.

17. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was reading that Pablo Escobar at his height was making £45 million a day. Whenever there is that sort of money to be made the war on drugs will always be lost.

18. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    UTC if you want to see 'ill people' visit Barnsley Hospice or the Hospital.

19. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    So long as they weren't littering then they can crack on for me.

Litter affects everyone.

madmark62 and Jimmy viz like this.
  20. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why the sarcasm owd love.