Two things puzzled me today...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by GeorgeRobledo, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Geo

GeorgeRobledo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why did we start the game with just a midget up front on his own.
    Were we settling for a point before it started?

Also what was the point of bringing a sub on with two minutes of the extra time left. ?

2. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1) Hecky obviously thought it was our best way of containing them.
    2) No
    3) To run down the clock, calm things down, and give us another body in the middle

3. Geo

GeorgeRobledo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    50 points already in the bag.. why be negative from the start .. and at the very end.

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really hate this 50 point thing that people keep mentioning. I know it isn't your intention but all it does when anyone mentions it is tells everyone that survival is our aim. It shouldn't be our aim it should be the absolute bare minimum that we accept. We are in the top half of the table, our aim should be the play offs, that is how many points we should be aiming for, talking about and setting our team up to get but sadly all we ever hear is how many points till safety and yay we are on the magic fifty we're safe.

As I said I don't mean you specifically, but I hear talk of safety and the points to just scrape by said by many people including past managers and the owner. There is no wonder we sell our best players in January when our aim is survival and we have done enough to ensure it already. It's just a crying shame that our aim wasn't promotion because I don't think we will get a better chance than the one we had before we started making cuts to the playing staff in january

5. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothings changed on the survival over promotion front since Mark Robins....club culture....back in the championship now lets stay here and be happy with our lot....same attitude.....like yourself i think we threw our best chance for years away .....awaits the flack.....because it will come lol

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We didn't. He started with Armstrong & Watkins up front but we were getting over run so Watkins went wide right & Mowatt went behind Armstrong.

Just fresh legs as they were giving us plenty of chances to counter attack I think

7. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cutting the playing staff implies we pushed the players out they wanted to leave- there is a difference. Apparently we had a replacement striker lined up but it never materialised for whatever reason . This league is rapidly becoming Premier League 2 - we have done well this season to hit the perceived survival total.

8. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely bang on . I haven't posted much recently cos it's all gone a bit...well...beige . If you have an opinion that doesn't tow the line you are ostracised or even expelled ( long live free speech, where's Hemsie gone?) By the 'we should be eternally grateful ' or ' over achieving' gang . Ambition and aspiration are dirty words round these parts . I'll tell you something, Hecky won't settle for mediocrity.

9. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    50 points was the marker at the beginning of the season. I think the large majority of fans would have settled for 50 points at that time.
    Hence, because we've now reached it we're chuffed to bits. Doesn't mean we can go on holiday and throw the towel in - we just set a new marker.
    The next step is to aim for one of the play off spots.
    When Leicester won the title last season, all they mentioned was the safety marker of 40 points.
    That was target number one, once they reached it they went on to win the title.

10. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't think the squad had enough championship quality at the start of the season - gone well beyond my expectations - now we've bit we can carrying digging out results and see where we end up. Think we maybe an attractive side to sign for especially with those younger players looking to improve

11. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unless anyone could see into the future no one could predict where we would be at this stage in the season. Top , middle , bottom who knew ? . Its the Championship not the champions league. I'm pretty content at where we are, but we are where we are because the players and management deserve to be where we are . We must bulid on this season because if we rest on our laurels we'll do a Rotherham. Aim high always .

12. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Quite agree.