Virgin /sky tv & broadband

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by klingklang, Jul 1, 2017.

1. kli

klingklang Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Has anyone decided to get rid of their virgin/sky subscriptions and gone down another route? I'm sick of paying throughout the nose and as im moving house thought i might cancel it and try elsewhere. Maybe just get a freeview box and add netflix. Then just get a standalone internet provider and no landline. Any advice?

2. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've just moved house and we've not got a landline in the new one, internet is a data only mobile SIM from 3 with a WIFI router. £15 per month for 20G, works well although the neighbours ask what the aerial on the front of the house is for. 20GB might not be enough though if you intend to watch films through it, and it also depends on your location whether you have a strong enough 4G mobile signal.

Not sure what you mean by "standalone internet", do you mean cable?

Can't comment on Sky as I've not had it for at least a decade as it's far too expensive and has ruined two of the sports I love - football and cricket. As for Virgins, I'm far too old to comment on them, especially in Dodeth.

3. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Kodi is your friend! get a decent wifi internet, then either fire TVs box or open box and away you go